I.

Ashley

"I love you, okay? You got your lunch and everything?" It was the first day of twelfth and my mom made it seem like it was the first day of kindergarten.

"Yeah, Ma. I love you too, I'll be home on the late bus, bye." I waved and watched my mom pull out of the school parking lot. Same old same old, it seems. Crazy ass weird kids that I had to go to school with for four years, some since middle or elementary were all back. Looks like I'll have a hell of a year.

"Bitch, I missed you!" My best friend, Britney, basically pounced on me. I haven't seen her since last month and I missed her loud ass. At least she was here to go through the pain with me.

"Chick, I miss you too! How have you been?" I looked up and down at her. She had a pair of stone washed high waists, a black long sleeve crop top that showed a shoulder and her Grape Fives. She was brownskinned ,linky and medium height.

"Bomb as shit, girl. OMG, have you seen Hayden? I've been looking all over for him." Hayden was her on and off again boyfriend that she happily adored. He was tall, basketball player, lightskinned and had gray eyes. She was highly pressed for him.

"I haven't, I just got here . My car broke down so my protecting ass mom had to drop me off", Britney nodded. We both were already hipp about my mom. She was on me like white on rice 24/7. She was annoying, but I loved her.

"True, you lookin' cute, boo." I had on some leggings , a flannel and a white top. I wore some Sperry's and my hair was in a messy bun. I wasn't all about that "dress to impress" first day shit.

"Hey, Ashley!" Ryan, another basketball player, called to me. I got a lot of bait, people always flirted with me. I was a cheerleader siced you know what happens then. I'm Team Redbone, I had long dark brown hair with honey blonde highlights that ended at my mid back. I had braces and I had grayish eyes, mostly brown.

I waved back to Ryan as Shawn came and hugged me from the back. He was a "bad boy"; he didn't listen and the only reason why he was at school was because his probation officer said he should.

"Poppin' up on people and shit, I see you", Britney smiled as Shawn hugged her.

"Sorry, dawlin'."

"Wassup, Shawn?" I smiled at him.

"Ain't shit, couldn't wait to see yo fine ass today."

"Thanks, boo. How are you?"

"Good, good. Aight, I wanted to holla at y'all, so I'ma hit y'all back." Shawn kissed two of his fingers and held his hand out after as he walked away. He was a cutie but he was far too bad for me. He lost his virginity already and I hadn't. That doesn't mesh well. Just as I pulled out my phone for a mirror to put on some lip gloss, the morning bell rang. That bell was the bell we heard when we needed to homeroom.

"Who's your TA?" I asked. 

"Roman."

"Damn, I have Crotchet." I hit my head and we both walked into the school.

"Our rooms are far apart, so holla." I gave Britney a hug then we parted ways. I knew the way to my TA anyways, it was upstairs somewhere. A couple of people waved at me on the way to my TA. I hardly beat the bell because of it.

"Good morning, Mr. Crochet. How are you, nice to be back in school am I right?" I smiled as I took a seat, everyone laughed at me.

"Nice suck up, Ms. Smallwood, you will be seated in the front where I can see you", I nodded and sat at the desk he assigned me. Most of the teachers knew me so Mr. Crochets attitude with me wasn't surprising. After I sat at my desk, I got a good look at everybody. It was a surprisingly a good TA, nobody to cause trouble. Mr. Crochet went back to the attendance, I started writing down my homework ahead of time because I take Mr. Crochet's Calculus for third period before lunch.