VIII.

Ashley

"Mom, don't freak out." I rubbed my temples.

"How the hell am I not going to freak out when one, you didn't even tell me he was coming over and he's going out in the middle of the night doing who knows what?"

"Mom, I honestly don't know." I confessed.

"How did he get in then?" My mom had curlers in her hair, she was tapping her foot on the hardwood floor.

"I don't even know, I was asleep", my voice shook just thinking about what could happen to Chris. I'm not dumb, I know he's still selling or in contact with people that are in the business .

"You won't be able to see him anymore. No, not when he's coming into my house, trespassing? No, I thought he was better than that?" My mom shook her head and started upstairs.

"No, I'm gonna see him", I blurted out. I've never disrespected my mom in this way but no, she wasn't going to stop me from seeing Chris.

"Excuse me, what in the hell did you just say?" My mom came back down the steps and slowly walked towards me.

"I said that you can't tell me not to see him, I love him-"

"So you're an adult? You can tell me what you, Ashley, is going to do?"

"I didn't say that -"

"Sounded very close to it. Ashley."

"M-Mom, I didn't mean to say that." I exhaled lowly.

"You will not see him and that is final. Point blank period, now go to your room. You always take advantage of me because I'm an understanding parent, but not anymore. You will not see him, good night." Mom went upstairs. I didn't want to argue with her because one she was my mom and two, it would make her even angrier.

I didn't even care about what my mom and I were talking about, I wanted to know what was going on with Chris. I was beyond nervous. I decided to call, no answer?! I called him once more and he answered on the last call.

Phone Conversation

"Baby, I'm gonna be at your house in five, just wait aight?" Chris breathed heavily into the phone.

"I don't think that's a good idea and where are you?!"

"I'll explain everything to you when I get there." Chris hung up.

End of Conversation

I'm so confused but I guess all I can actually do is trust him and not worry. I left the front door unlocked so that I wouldn't awake my mom for his knocking. I went up in my room and undid my robe. Chris came in as I was and he smirked a little before closing the door the softest he could.

"Don't smile now, where were you?" I whispered.

"I was inside of you before I left", he smirked again.

"Nothing is funny, stop playing and really tell me where you went." I cut the lights out and we laid in the bed together, my head listening to the continuous thump of his heart beating.

"I handled some business with Shawn. That's it, baby. Please stop worryin' because that ain't a good trait on you."

"I don't want to worry, but you just left. Like not saying anything, and especially at this time of night? God, I had a mini panic attack."

"I love you too." He whispered.

"I love you, I just wanna know exactly what happened -" Chris interrupted my sentence, purposely crashing his lips onto mines. By this time, I've gotten used to how rough Chris could get with his lips and his hands so his rocky kiss wasn't that much of anything.