IX.

Ashley

"ONE, LET'S SCREAM! TWO, LET'S SHOUT! THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, BOOM SHAKE IT OUT!" First basketball game,already acing it as captain. Sweat dripped from my forehead as the other team, the Wildcats, did a cheer.

"Call out another one?" Britney asked, exhausted. I and her had spots next to each other, so talking wasn't a problem for us.

"No, let's give em time", she nodded and stood at attention. I did too, as I watched the game. It was 45-5, we of course, were winning because of Chris. I watched as he ran with the ball, making three pointers and half courts. He was so sexy, I went into a trance.

Chris and I haven't necessarily broke up, but he did see other people. We haven't talked for two weeks; he went back to his old ways. I missed him a lot, he was all I think about. He's really been feeling Andrea, one of those girls he had before me. But they've seen each other more, he's been looking at her the way he looked at me.

"Fifteen minutes later? Call out a cheer, girl!" Britney snapped me out my thoughts and I called out a cheer.

"Hey, hey you!"

"HEY, HEY YOU! YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. YOU'VE GOT TO ROCK WITH THE WHITE AND ROLL WITH THE BLUE!" Our mascot was Admirals, we had the best team in the county.

We repeated that last part of the cheer over three times, the last time we rolled our hips and kinda dropped it like it's hot. I came back up, peppy and smiling, to my surprise, I saw Chris almost drooling he was staring so hard. The coach snapped him out of it, all of us cheerleaders laughed.

"Who was he staring at?" All the girls fought over it, saying he was staring at them.

"I don't know", I rolled my eyes and laughed.

It was fourth quarter, 30 more seconds. We obviously won, but the Wildcats tried.

"Good game", we clashed poms in a line with the other team's cheer squad, we went one way the other team went the opposite. Finally, I could go home and rest my body, I've been up all day.

"We won, girl!"

"Yeah, I'm happy", my voice sounded not interested, and I wasn't at all.

"What's wrong? We've won to almost all the teams in Georgia", Brandy looked concerned. For all these victories, I would've been excited, but the boy that has been making all that happen was Chris, and we weren't on good terms.

"I know, I'm just not feeling it right now", I put my poms down.

"It's Chris, isn't it?" She crossed her arms, almost irritated. I looked slumly and nodded.

"Girl, whew. No words-" Chris was making his way over, speaking to people along the way.

"Shut up, he's coming", I panicked and picked up my poms. I fixed my hair and smiled at an angry Britney.

"I have to talk to Coach, I'll see you later", she had an evil grin. She was to leave Chris and I alone on purpose and I knew that.

Chris walked over itching his neck. The other basketball players were clearing out of the gym, so it was fair to say it was just us.

"Hey", he gave me a hug. I hugged him back and smiled as we let go.

"Great game."

"We couldn't have done it without y'all."

"Yeah, we all saw you staring pretty hard", I blushed a little.

"Oh true? I ain't seen you in a while. How you been?"