VI: Neutral Route: (Y/N)

The Mint Eye. Where everyone is happy. Except you, apparently.

Ever since your conversation with Saeran in the Security Room, neither of you had spoken to the other. And a full month had passed. Saeran forwarded all your assignments and work to you via email, and every time you tried to consider an excuse to talk to him, he walked away before you could even open your mouth.

The Savior met with you daily, asking how things were going at work in the Security Room, how you were handling the responsibilities of being a council member, and how life was in general.

At first, it was easy to tell the truth. I love the dresses, Savior. The workload is fine, Savior. I'm excited for tonight's recruitment ceremony, Savior.

Then, she began asking about Saeran.

The more she prodded, the more you came to realize that the innocent boy you once treasured so much no longer loved you the way he did before.

"Oh, (Y/N)," The Savior had murmured, hugging you as you wept into her arms, "I didn't think he'd replace you so soon. I'm sorry, my sweetling, I truly am."

Was she, though? It felt like everything that had gone wrong in your relationship was the cause of the Savior.

The Savior was the one who suggested having you join her council.

The Savior was the one who ordered Saeran to be your handler for your secondary commitment.

The Savior was the one who brought MC and Saeran together.

MC...

You closed your fist and inhaled sharply. You didn't want to waste another second of your thoughts on such a horrible girl.

She didn't love Saeran, not the way you did, but still, the boy looked at her as if she were a better version of you. You'd even heard Saeran call her his "queen."

You chuckled darkly, remembering the days when you were his princess, when he was all that mattered to you and when you were all that mattered him.

"Princess?" Saeran's hesitant voice called out from behind you, the man unsure of whether it was truly you or not. "There you are," He smiled and wrapped you in a hug from the behind, "What are you doing here?"

He looked around and studied the location. The two of you stood in the Mint Eye's flower garden, a gorgeous garth with layers upon layers of flowers. Saeran knew it was his personal favorite place in the Mint Eye, but you had never shown as much interest in it.

You smiled at Saeran and turned around in his hug to fully embrace him, giving him a quick peck on the cheek as you did so. "Do you know what day it is?"

Saeran shook his head and cocked his head to the side, his expression confused.

Dates didn't matter in the Mint Eye. Everyone was removed from time and placed into a snapshot of happiness and magenta seemingly outside of life itself.

"Well, I've been asking the Savior, and today..." You paused for dramatic effect and jumped into Saeran's arms, "Is your birthday!"

Saeran grabbed your waist, quickly regaining his balance as he balanced your weight as you excitedly wrapped your legs around his waist and arms around his neck, eagerly waiting for his response."My birthday....? How did you find out?" Saeran looked even more confused, surprised that you were so excited by such a simple fact and further shocked that you cared.

"I told you," You poked Saeran's cheek playfully, "I asked the Savior! Happy birthday!" You wrapped him into a hug, and Saeran staggered back at the sudden movement, still unsure of why you were so jubilant.