XIV: Neutral Route: (Luciel)

Luciel considered himself to be a fairly level-headed person. Even back when he called himself Saeyoung, he'd been able to make tough decisions, able to weigh the pros against the cons without bias.

He didn't know what quite came over him when V told him the truth.

"Luciel, we've found your brother," V said, eyes gazing softly into Luciel's.

The redhead stood still for, not really understanding the weight of the words. But that only lasted a moment; after a couple of seconds had passed, Luciel's lips were moving like a rapper, his mouth barely able to keep up with his mind.

"How do you know? Who is he with? Is he safe? Where is he? Who gave you this information? How could Saera-"

V put a hand up, halting Luciel's questions. "It seems that..." V trailed off, hesitating as usual. "It seems that Rika is alive."

Luciel felt something inside him churn at the words. When V had first come to the RFA, pronouncing Rika dead by suicide, Luciel hadn't bothered asking what had become of Saeran. A part of him didn't want to know. Because if there was even a remote chance that Saeran had survived up until that point, he would have died without Rika to care forhim.

But if Rika had never died...

"Is Saeran with Rika?"

V nodded his head, and Luciel felt relief flood his body. At that moment, he could have cried. He loved Saeran so much. So fucking much. When he thought that his other half had died, he felt incomplete. Withdrawn. Like a part of him was dead inside.

But now, that was no longer the case. 

"How can I go see him?" It had been so long since the twins had been reunited. Too long.

It was time for Luciel to come home.

No.

It was time for Saeyoung to come home.

"You can't." V 's words were blunt, not shaped with the care he usually put into everything he did.

Luciel felt his breath catch. "Why not?"

"It seems that....your brother is currently....well, the situation is complex...." V's words were empty, the blue-haired man stalling to confess a truth that Luciel suspected he did not want to hear. Luciel felt his expression turn hard, and he met V's eyes. The older man sighed and took his sunglasses off, wiping them and setting them on the table. He looked into Luciel's eyes. "Saeran is in the Mint Eye. And that Savior (Y/N) and MC keep talking about? That's..."

"Rika." Luciel murmured, finishing the horrible sentence V had started.

Luciel didn't need to be told anything further, that information alone was enough. The Mint Eye was a cult for the deranged, a gathering of unstable minds. If Rika was the Savior, there was no doubt that she had Saeran doing ungodly work for the Mint Eye.

Luciel closed his eyes, suppressing tears that were bubbling up.

Saeran was leading the very life Luciel had left to protect him from.

That information alone was enough for Luciel. It was so much to process; most of the knowledge had already set his mind in a daze. V, however, didn't stop talking. "You know that Ray person (Y/N) keeps mentioning?"

Luciel nodded, remembering the terrifying encounter they had when Ray hacked into (Y/N)'s laptop and threatened them. That man was genuinely psychotic. A freak. The way he spoke...that guy wasn't just mental, he was mentally deprived — the mark of a truly insane person.