XI: Neutral Route (Y/N)

You stared at Vanderwood, the situation more tense than it was awkward. "So..." You began, trying to start some sort of conversation.

"What?" Vanderwood snapped, crossing his arms. The scowl still hadn't left his face.

"I still don't get what I did that was so wrong." You blurted the words, pouting almost like a child. You were being honest, though. Yeah, maybe it wasn't the best idea to make out with a guy you'd only met while escaping a cult for the insane, but it shouldn't have been this much of an issue, right?

Vanderwood turned to you and stared, his eyes fully absorbing every detail. Almost as if you were under the Savior's sharp gaze, you felt him see the story behind every scar that ever broke your (s/c) skin. It was as if he didn't need you to tell him your backstory to know precisely what you'd been through. "V told me..." He began before trailing off, hesitant.

He sighed before turning away from you. Avoiding your eyes, he hesitantly poured himself another mug of coffee. Third cup of the day, you thought, before he offered it to you, much to your surprise.

"V told me about Ray," The man murmured as you took the mug. "You think it's a good idea to play with Luciel's feelings while you're still in love with someone else?"

You were taken aback, forced to consider Vanderwood's words. Were you still in love with Saeran? No, you thought, shaking your head, It's not possible. I can't still love him. How can I love someone who obviously never cared for me?

"That's not even it, though. It's not like you went after V or me, you chose Luciel. The one guy here who physically resembles your ex."

"Ray's not my ex," you blurted.

"That's what you choose to disagree with me on?" Vanderwood snorted. "So you agree that you only kissed Luciel because he reminded you of 'Ray?'"

"No!" You said, trying to sort out your feelings. Luciel was sweet. He comforted you. That was why you had kissed him. "I-I didn't even kiss him first."

Vanderwood scoffed. "What, you expect to wander around this cabin dressed in a dress like that," Vanderwood gestured wildly at the satin fabric wrapped around your body, "Without getting any attention?"

Now it was your turn to scowl. "I'm wearing this because I don't have any other clothes. It's not my fault if you guys can't control yourselves. I did bring a robe with me."

"Fine. Admit that you only messed around with Luciel because of Ray. That's all I want to hear."

"I didn't!"

"You did."

"No, I didn't!"

"Yes, you did."

"I didn't!"

"You bitch!"

You and Vanderwood turned your heads to see Luciel charging at you, barely held back by V, the blob of red getting closer and closer until he had you tackled you against the wall.

"Luciel, control yourself!" Vanderwood spat, trying to pull the boy off of you, but only managing to disgruntle him.

"You knew!" Luciel shouted, furious. "You knew who he really was! Why the fuck would you go around calling him 'Ray?!' Was that just something to mess with the rest of us while we struggled to figure the truth out?!"

You were at a total loss for words, utterly confused about what Luciel was talking about.

"Luciel, please, we don't know what she knows and what she doesn't know. I was in the Mint Eye for a brief time, and Saeran did call himself Ray-"

You turned your head to V, shocked. "You know his real name?!"

This only angered Luciel. "See, V? This bitch isn't as innocent as you thought. Why the fuck would you hide this from us? Are you even on our side?! We should give you back to the Mint Eye, you goddamn wench!

"What's going on here?" Everyone turned their heads to face a sleepy MC, whose face immediately turned into a smirk when she saw the picture before her.

"Nothing, MC, please return to bed-" V tried to tell her, but his voice was overshadowed by Vanderwood.

"Luciel got attached to a girl. His fault. Women always lie." Vanderwood said bluntly, still trying to pull Luciel off your neck.

In the midst of all the arguing and fighting and commentary in this sea of noise, one voice caught your attention.

"This bitch knew Saeran was my brother and kept it from me!" Luciel shouted.

That shook you.

"S...Saeran is..." You whispered, unsure if Luciel had even heard your voice. "Your brother?"

You felt blood rush to your head, a sudden wave of dizziness overcoming you.

Saeran, A voice inside your head whispered, It's always Saeran. You can never get away from him, (Y/N).

"Stop it," You whispered to the voice inside your head, but Luciel thought you were talking to him. He immediately released you, practically throwing you to the ground where you laid there, clutching your head.

"Anyone who ever loved you was wrong." The redhead said, glaring down at you. Luciel's eyes were cold, golden like the sun, which brought forth so much happiness and life but now seemed to be killing you where you laid. You couldn't come up with any response, half of you believing it was true.

"I didn't know, Luciel." You murmured.

Would he believe you, though?

"Save your lies. You'll need them when we return you to the Mint Eye. If I see you for another fucking second, I think I'll kill you." He walked off, leaving the words to replay in your mind on loop.

MC laughed at the scene before her. "I told you we shouldn't have brought her back."

"MC, don't..." V started, trying to diffuse the situation, but trailed off when he realized that he had no point to make.

You took a sharp breath, clearing your head. It was true. Ever since you laid eyes on him, Luciel had been familiar to you. He had reminded you of Saeran, during a happier time. Was that why you were so attached to him?

You bit your lip.

You'd know Luciel all of eight hours, and he already hated you as much as Saeran.

Anyone who ever loved you was wrong, Luciel had told you.

The boy was right.

Word count: 1.2 k

Notes: I think it's worth noting that I, as a reader/player of Mystic Messenger, interpreted the characters of Saeran and Saeyoung to be darker than how Cheritz presented them. I feel like Cheritz offered us this concept of two brothers who do indeed share love for one another (however morphed and twisted it had become) and then took a rather positive approach to the story. But if we're dealing with that concept alone, I feel like things could have gotten very dark in how they'd reunite, and the extremes that Saeyoung and Saeran would go to fulfill their personal desires. I'm saying this to give you guys some insight into why this story may seem to get dark at times. The way Saeyoung and Saeran are acting is not okay, and I'm consciously writing them both to be a little fucked up in the mind. Sorry for the long note!

Comment & Vote

Next Update: 2/06/20

I do not own the rights to Mystic Messenger or any of the characters within it.