XXII: Saeran's Route (Saeran)

The sleep was the best thing, he decided.

Saeran opened his eyes lazily, staring up at the ceiling. He didn't shift his body when his eyes darted over to the clock, the mint greens widening ever-so-slightly when he saw that it was already four in the morning.

His body still hadn't fully adjusted to the whole concept of sleeping more than three hours at once. Or the idea of getting real food instead of pills and sugary sweets. Or even the sensation of not having a suit restricting his movements to make him feel like a prisoner inside his own body.

Even the roots of his Saeran's were beginning to grow back in, and they were redder than he had ever remembered them being.

After all, so much had changed.

But the sleep was still the best thing.

Saeran closed his eyes and wrapped his arms tighter around the (h/c) girl clinging to him, breathing in the smell of her hair.

It never failed to be a surprise to wake up, every morning, and find her at his side.

The sweetest surprise.

The boy let out a sigh, perhaps in preparation to drift off into another dreamless slumber before the sound of cursing from another room pulled him back into a state of alertness. He raised an eyebrow at the sound, an amused smile flitting across his face before pressing a kiss to (Y/N)'s temple, crawling out of bed.

"Need help?" He asked once he had snuck up behind his brother.

"Gah!" The redhead exclaimed, practically falling out of his chair. "You scared me, Saeran! Geez!"

Saeran rolled his eyes, glancing at the code his brother had been working on before wordlessly adding a comma between two parameters. "You need sleep, Saeyoung. I saw you working on this before (Y/N) and I went to bed."

Oh.

That's another thing that had changed.

His redhead brother had abandoned the Luciel persona, deciding that it was time to go back to his roots as Saeyoung. He'd claimed that he was working on a plan to get out of the Agency and begin working with Saeran at Jumin's Intelligence Unit, but that plan wouldn't go through for a while.

"Quiet, little brother. Leave the complicated stuff to your big-brother-defender," Saeyoung responded with a goofy smile, causing Saeran to let out an ungraceful snort.

After two weeks of tension following their return from the Mint Eye, things had finally begun to calm down in their family.

The process was slow going, but Saeran felt it in the little things: the way he no longer tensed at the call of his name, the way his body no longer felt nausea at the sight of a healthy meal, the way the sight of his brother began to calm him instead of frustrate him.

Saeran was healing.

And not just him. (Y/N), too. And even Saeyoung.

At last, all three of them were beginning to grow used to each other, to this whole idea of living together in the bunker.

"Have you decided if you're going to the party or not?" Saeyoung asked, after a moment of silence.

Saeran sighed, plopping himself down on a nearby couch. He stared at the ceiling as he thought about his brother's question.

V had decided to hold another party through the RFA: one to commemorate the return of its original founder (though she wouldn't be joining the organization itself for a long time to come) and to raise the funds necessary to reintegrate all the Mint Eye believers and disciples back into society.