Don't Worry, I Love You

"Baby wake up" said Mal gently, to wake up her daughter.
"But mommy I wanna sleep!" replied the 9-years-old girl to her mom.
"Melanie, please baby. Aunt Evie is here. Remember she's gonna take you to the beach with her and Uncle Doug."
Melanie quickly got up from bed saying: "Couldn't you tell me this before? I totally forgot!! Auntie Evie I'm comiiiiiing!"
The little girl ran in the bathroom and her mom followed her.
"Here, let me brush you hair baby" said Mal, grabbing the pink brush of her daughter.
She started brushing her daughter's blonde with purple tips hair. At first, Mal and Ben thought that their daughter had blonde normal hair, but then she started to grow up and those beautiful purple tips grew up on her hair too.
"Mommy, I got this! I can do it alone! I'm a big girl."
"You certainly are, baby. I'm gonna grab you your swimsuit." said Mal.
Then someone knocked on the door.
"Auntie Evieee" yelled Melanie, going to hug her.
Evie was beautiful. She had her blue hair up into a perfect braid.
Mal hugged her. "How are you E?" she asked. "I'm really fine. You? I mean, you look like you haven't slept in days." replied Mal's best friend. "You know, I try to wait for Ben up at night. I fail. I don't even know if he comes back in bed at night. He's always in his study. Nobody has seen him in like forever." "Well, maybe you should go and talk to him while this beauty and I go to the beach." said Evie, grabbing Melanie.
Once her best friend and her daughter were gone, Mal decided to go in the living room.
"Look who's here. My beautiful daughter" said Hades going to give Mal a kiss on her cheek. "Not now dad, please. I wanna rest. Belle and Adam are out, can you please take Bryce somewhere with you? Maybe on the Isle, you could go searching for lizards." said Mal, sitting on the couch, hoping that his dad could find her mother somewhere on the Isle. And hoping that she could be alone to talk to Ben. Maybe without having to take care of Bryce, her 3-years-old.
"Okay Mali." "Can you stop calling me like that, Dad?" Mal asked laughing.
"Oh, hey baby" she said to Bryce, walking into the room.
He tripped and fell onto the floor. Bryce started to cry. Immediately Hades grabbed him and started to calm him down.
Bryce calm down right away and started to play with his grandfather's hair. "Don't Bryce. Your hands could burn." said Hades. "But grandpa! I want your hair!!!" "You have your mother's beautiful hair. Now, why don't we leave mommy alone and go play with other kids on the Isle?" he asked to his grandson. Bryce said yes, he gave his mom a kiss and went away with Hades.
A couple of hours later, Mal got up from the couch and went into Ben study.
She knocked but none answered. So she came in.
"Ben?" she asked.
"Yeah, Mal? I don't have time, so please whatever it is, can it wait?" said her husband.
"Really, no. It can't. Ben, you look terrible. You haven't get out of here for like two weeks. The kids and I haven't seen you since forever. You have to take a break from work. It's like you aren't even here anymore. It's like you don't love us, you don't love me, anymore. I want my husband back, and our kids want their dad back. So, please. Can you please get out of here for a while? I don't even know if you come to bed at night. I'm worried for you." said Mal, all together so that Ben couldn't interrupt her.
Ben raised his head. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was all messy. He was still cute, thought Mal.
" You're right sweety. I'm sorry. It's just I have so much work to do for Auradon. Sometimes I forget that I have a family. It is why I have your photos in front of me. Come here." said Ben, gently. Mal sat on his legs.
"Why when the kids come back, don't we go somewhere? Like a vacation? Some days? I could use a vacation and looking at you Mal, you could too. What do you say?"
"I say that is a wonderful idea."
"See?" said Ben, laughing. "Uhm, Mal?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you, you know. And don't worry. I will always love you. You and the kids."
"I know." replied Mal.