Sleeping Arrangements

"Be there in 5 minutes Calum" I text Calum.

"Ok Dad just go in there say hi and then go, you got it ?"

"Yes sweetie don't worry I'll be cool" 

I shrugged hearing the word cool coming out of my own father's mouth. 

As we pull up to Calum's house my Dad beeps the horn. I grab my backpack put my hood over my head due to the heavy rain falling, even though I still got drenched from running to the front door. I was just about to knock on the door when a woman opens it. 

"Umm Hi, is Calum here?"

"Oh! You're Andie! Welcome, come in, come in! He's right up stairs"

"Ok thankyou! Umm this is my Dad, Chase Roberts"

"Hi, nice to meet you" My Dad smiles and shakes hands with Calum's Mom.

"Nice to meet you too Chase! I'm Renee come in!" My Dad walked in, which meanst that the say 'Hi and Go' plan definitely failed. "CALUUM!! Andie's here!!" Renee yelled. 

Loud thuds came down from the staircase. 

"Andie! How's it going?" Calum smiled, jumping from the last step and onto the floor. 

"Heeey! Good" I replied as he leaned on my shoulder "That's my Dad" I whispered to him.

"Oh! Hi there Mr Roberts! How are you?" He said to my Dad holding out his hand for a handshake.

"Hey there Calum! You can call me Chase, I'm well how about you?" As my father shook his hand I panicked on the inside, I don't even know why!

"I'm good, well umm..." There was an awkward pause of silence until Renee spoke up. 

"Why don't you come in for a drink Chase? Water?" Renee suggested.

"Oh no, I must be on my way I have a business trip, soo... If she is too much of a hassle Renee feel free to call me!"

"Oh don't be silly, it's a pleasure to have her here!" Dad gave Renee a hug and then me. 

"Bye Dad, call me when you pick me up ok?" 

"No problem!" He went from happy and cheerful to stern and serious in seconds "Ok Calum, I don't want any funny business ok, make sure... that .. you, HAHA! oh that was hard to do, I can't keep a straight face! I'm joking have fun kids! But not too much fun... Love you sweetie" 

I could see that Calum from the corner of my eye looked nervous and a bit frightened. 

"Love you too Dad"

"Well kids if you need anything I'll be downstairs! And I have work at 2 o'clock so you will have the house to yourselves! Andie make sure he doesn't break or burn the house down! hahaha!" Renee laughed, she was a very lovely woman!

"Thankyou for letting me stay!" I thanked giving her a hug.

"It's my pleasure, after all your are the first girl my baby Calum has brought home!"

"That's enough now MUM!"

"Ok.. ok"

I laugh but at the same time kind of weirded out... Was I really the first girl that was over?

"Let's go upstairs!" Calum suggested, he grabbed my arm and technically lifted me upstairs. 

"Welcome to my lair! Put your stuff anywhere" 

His room was cleaner then mine! Posters of bands, dancers, singers and family photos covered his back wall and a computer stood next to his built-in wardrobe. I dropped my bag next to the door and sat on his bed. 

"Nice posters Calum, never knew you could play!" I said pointing over to the guitar in the corner of the room.

"Oh yeah" Calum sighed walked over to the lone guitar.

"Can you play something for me please?" I ask, batting my eyes.

"Well, maybe if you're a good roomie I will" He joked as he walked over to his computer desk to turn it on.

"Ok I hope you don't mind the sleeping arrangements, you'll sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the mattress on the floor" He said while he was clicking away on the mouse. 

"Are you sure you want me to sleep on the bed? The floor is perfectly fine with me! I used to do that when my Dad and I lived in an apartment in Queensland" I questioned, after all it was fine with me and it felt wrong to kick someone off of their own bed in their house.

"No I'm fine! I wouldn't want you to be sleeping on the floor!"  Calum walked over and sat next to me on the bed.

"Are you sure?!" I turn to him and give him a questioning look. 

"I promise, after all you are a girl" 

"Excuse me ?" I raise my eye brow.

"Yes I said it, because you're a girl" 

I give him an evil look.

"If I am such a girl would i do this" As soon as I finish the sentence I push him down onto the floor with a single hit of the hand.

"Oh really now?! Come on!" 

"He pulls me down by the ankle and tickles me til I can't breathe.

"Haha! OK OK! I get it! Stop! Stop! Hahahaha!" I pull his hands away from me and hold them in a firm grip. We both laugh as our eyes meet. Everything becomes silent. My grip becomes lighter, Calum's eyes seem to be sparkling, he leans towards me, but I pull away. I've only known him for a week, I can't get too attached.

I clear my throat "Umm Have you started your english assignment yet?" 

He looks away from me and coughs/laughs at the same time "Umm no, I understand it but I can't put it all together" 

"Oh! I started it but I don't think it makes sense, here take a look" 

I walk to my bag and pull out my laptop. I feel terrible, the look on his face doesn't make me feel too good either. 

This chapter brought out the corny-ness in me, very cliche! But I promise the story will have less corny cliches as I go further. This part of the story is when Calum's Mom Renee is still home. Share this if you enjoy it! But if you don't explain why and I'll try to fix it for you! Thankyou sooo much for reading <3 xx