and you'll wonder if i still love strawberry milkshakes more than life

i guess i still care, do you still care?

tom went back to his cereal, suddenly unable to eat it. he cleaned the bowl and set it to dry.

he then put on jeans, converse, and a jacket. as he was about to walk out he remembered he didn't look presentable. he brushed his teeth and then put on a beanie.

he finally left and put his key in the ignition of his car and started it before pulling out of the garage. he started driving around town.

tom had moved to new york city after he met y/n. he was in new york for business and had met her in a small local coffee shop. he moved to be with her. after the break up he couldn't find it in himself to move away.

he stopped at a red light and noticed a chick-fil-a. suddenly a memory resurfaced.

"i'll get a strawberry milkshake!" y/n said to the intercom.

"anything else?" the person called out.

she turned to tom.

"do you want anything?" he shook his head.

"no, that's it. thank you!" the person told her instructions and then they pulled up to pay.

tom paid as he was driving. yes, she leaned all over him just to order.

"so, you wanted to come to chick-fil-a... for a strawberry milkshake?" tom asked as he went to the pick up part.

she nodded as he got the milkshake. tom thanked the person then handed it to her.

"i love strawberry milkshakes. you have to remember this if you're going to be my forever person tom." she said as she took a sip.

that made him smile. he leaned in quickly and kissed her cheek.

"i love you."

284