Chapter 1- Torture

⚠️ Some Trigger subjects for some readers!!! Take caution⚠️
Enjoy btw 😉
———————————————
He stood at the edge, his green curly hair flickering in the cold wind. I could see the last of his tears trickling down his round, bruised cheek slowly as if time had completely slowed down just for this moment.

"You were right.." he whispered softly. "I'll never be a hero."

He turned one last time towards me and smiled, his tearful eyes not reflecting the smile at all. He looked terrified yet satisfied for what he was about to do.

I could feel my heart ache painfully in chest. I felt myself grab onto my shirt like it was my lifesaver.

I tried too scream at him, order him to come back and continue fighting along side with me but my voice seemed to be lost in the empty space between us. I wasn't auditable anymore. I couldn't even hear what I was saying and neither could he. Everything I did and said wasn't worth anything for his choice was already decided. My Deku was going to jump and end it.

"Bye Kacchan" Deku's voice echoed around me. That was the last time I ever heard my nickname.

He was already falling too his death. Already tipping away from me and towards the edge of the roof's fence then falling down.. and down till a loud echoing splat cracked through everything. I could hear my heart thumping in my chest loudly while everything seemed to freeze. I could loud ringing echoing in my ears. Everything turned slowly into a hazy blur.

I couldn't tell what was all in my head or what was actually real anymore. I knew in that moment that nothing was going to be the same ever again.

But yet I still ran towards the edge just to see my childhood friend, Deku, splat out onto the bottom floor's sidewalk, a puddle of his blood surrounding around him.

He was gone..

Tears trickled down my face and I screamed so loudly that my lungs gave away. Everything then went quietly dark, flickering slowly away from me...the ringing and also the thumping of my heart abruptly stopped echoing.

I jolted awake, screaming loudly too my empty room while panting heavily. A puddle of sweat was stained under me on my sheets.
"I'M SORRY DEKU!!" I yelled loudly to absolutely no one.

Then everything went still and quiet. Somehow I didn't wake up my parents with my violent screaming. I think the old hag and my papa who sleep next door are used to my screams by now after they have been going on repeatedly for years almost every single morning. Actually, I think if I wasn't screaming Deku's name every morning, they would get worried that I was dead.

I tried to even out my breathing while curling myself up into a ball that I quickly released myself out of, not wanting to feel like a pitiful baby. I sighed heavily then wiped my tears roughly away from streaming down my cheek,

Sobbing like a big cry baby won't solve anything... it won't ever bring Deku back to me.

I looked towards my alarm clock only to be stared at by a picture of a happy and smiling Deku, one who couldn't even make it to middle school graduation all because of me. I felt the tears beginning to spill all over again has my vision became tearful.

I looked across away from the picture too my actual alarm that was blaring a red glow, telling me that it was 6 am. Groaning, I rolled out of bed.

I placed my socked feet on my hard wood floors, wipped the leftover tears and tiredness from my eyes, and then scooted across the hallway too the bathroom where I brushed my teeth then headed back into my room to change into my UA uniform. Pulling off my shirt, I was met by a searing pain stinging my arms.