Chapter 4- First Day of middle (again)

If you don't like long fan fictions, don't read! 💕🏳️
———————-
And so, the years went by. Over what felt like decades of time, I've grown closer with Deku then I've ever been before. He even considers me his best friend. Although I want something more, anything is fine. As long as Deku is with me, I'm okay.

"Come on, Deku!" I called. "You can comb your hair on the way!"

"Coming!" Called Deku cheerfully, rushing down my stairs with his curly green hair bouncing around and a comb stuck in his hair.

He yanked it out and smiled at me. My heart pounced. "Let's go before we're late," I growl, ignoring my pacing heart. I grab his arm and pull him to the front door.

The old hag, located in the kitchen, heard all the commotion. "Don't forget your lunch!" She called as I began to hear her footsteps clank down the hall. She passed both of us our school lunches.

My mom had personally added Deku to our family along with Deku's mom, Inko. Deku spends most of his time at my place and if we're not there, I'm hanging around at his. We spend a lot of time together and I hate being apart from him even if it is just for a few hours. It reminds me of my life back when I didn't have his smile, or his laugh in my life. And so I usually insist on sleeping over. Luckily, Deku doesn't like being alone either so he agrees to it.

I've told my mom about my feelings towards Deku, or what I think are those feelings, and so she never passes up an opportunity to embarrass and/or tease me. Sometimes both.

My mom kissed my cheek, standing a little on her tippy toes, then kissed Deku's cheek softly making him blush. "I'll grab the camera!" She tells us before rushing back down the hallway and returning with a camera in her hand.

"Oh, Aunt Mitsuki! You don't have to take pictures-!" Stumbled my humble Deku who had never liked being in pictures. Makes him nervous.

"Nonsense!" called my old hag mom, waving her hand around. "It'll save the moment." She winked at me secretly from behide the camera as Deku adjusted himself to be 'photo ready'.

Deku combed through his hair again, making it fluff back up bigger than before, then adjusted his uniform jacket. I watched him before sighing loudly, pretending that I wasn't liking this. Which I was.

"Come on, now! Inch closer together!" Called my mom.

And so, hesitantly, I wrapped my arm around Deku's shoulder. He tensed a bit but relaxed. Deku then comfortably leaned in closer to me, making my heart start beating again. If I wasn't careful, Deku would hear it and the thought madr it beat louder to point where I could hear it banging in my ears alarmingly.

My face began heating up and I then felt a tingling sensation when Deku snuggled and sighed. Deku flickered his eyes open widely and smiled at my mom's camera.

I tried holding my breath and staying calm but Deku's head was leaning right against my pounding chest. I couldn't resist the urge.

I didn't even think before I placed my head on top of Deku's fluffy hair. He squirmed but before I pulled away hastily, the old hag took the picture screaming, "Cheese!!" sending a big flash across the room.

She glared at the photo taken on the camera, smirking widely, while me and Deku quickly pulled away from eachother as much as I hated to. Deku looked really embarrassed but definitely not as anxious or embarrassed as I felt. But I also felt.. happy..?