Chapter Three

After the majority of the muggles cleared out of the Reptile House, there was a strong curtain of silence that seemed to fall upon the two families that stood before each other

After the majority of the muggles cleared out of the Reptile House, there was a strong curtain of silence that seemed to fall upon the two families that stood before each other. While Harry and the rest of the children appeared relatively confused, it was safe to say the adults were on edge. Renata had planted herself between Harry, Ilaria, and Monte as if at any moment, the other two adults would launch into an attack. And James stood beside his wife, his fists clenched at his own sides as he debated whether or not to reach for his wand.

At first, Harry suspected that it was another family of wizards, however, as soon as the large purple-faced man yelled something about  "their kind" being at fault, he quickly thought otherwise. But how did his father know these people?

"So this is the new lot you got yourself, Potter?" the Dursley man questioned, followed by a bitter laugh. "I had hoped to see the last of you after-"

The Dursley man didn't get to finish as James nearly launched himself at him to knock him in the face, but it was Renata, who stopped him. She whispered something to him, probably something along the lines of not acting in such ways in front of the children, all of which, were watching the scene intently.

James glanced over his shoulder, catching Harry, Ilaria, and Monte staring at him, wondering what he was going to do. Immediately, he let out a heavy sigh before turning back to the other man.

" Our kind had nothing to do with it," he said with a clenched jaw, " you tell your boy to keep his hands off of my children."

"Our Dudley was raised better, he wouldn't even dream of touching those things you call children-"

"But he did!" Harry suddenly found himself interjecting. "He knocked me out of the way to look at the snake and the other one pushed Ilaria. We wouldn't make it up!"

He quickly found all eyes settling on him for a moment, James and Renata with faint smiles on their faces as Harry took to defending himself and his little sister. But the Dursley family didn't see it as a noble act.

"He's lying!" The larger boy, named Dudley, yelled. "I didn't touch him!"

"You're the liar!" Harry countered, feeling his anger surged, leaving Renata with a worried look.

"Yeah, he's a liar," Ilaria jumped in, " the gorilla pushed Harry down! The rat pushed me!"

"How dare you insult-"

A large sausage of a finger was pointed at Ilaria's face and that was the last straw for James as he shoved the Dursley man away. And with that, another escalating turn took place as the Dursley man decided to swing back once he regained his balance.  However, his movements, however angry he was, were slow, giving James plenty of time to dodge the hit.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" Renata grabbed James by the shoulders, while the Dursley woman, struggled to hold onto the back of her husband's jacket. "James, calm down, it wouldn't be worth fighting right now. It'll only cause more trouble."