Where's Po?

Up above is a picture of Po~

SO CUTEE!!!

HEY GUYS!!! 

GUESS WHAT???

WE MADE IT TO 100 VIEWS woooooooooooooooooooooo

YEAH!

I opened my eyes as sunlight streamed through the window.

I hAtE tHe StUpId SuN 

Why did it have to get me up...? I was having the most wonderful dream, too. There was Ema, and all my brothers, and ice cream, and ramen, and Po—

WHERE'S PO?

I searched my bed and on the floor and in the dresser and everywhere... but alas, I could not find my cute stuffed hippo.

I hurriedly pulled on a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt before opening my door, making sure to not be too loud this time... teehee. 

Stepping out of my room, I look around, anxiously searching for my lost hippo. Po meant so much to me. He was there to show me that I'd never be alone.

Flashback

"Huh?" Asami asked, surprised. "This is... for me?" She'd never gotten many presents, and the few times she had received them had been extremely rare occasions. 

"Yep. All for you, just you," Rintarou replied, smiling. "I'm adopting you today, Asami."

"What...? But..." Asami's eyes clouded. "What about all my friends, and... and... I'll be lonely... and what if you don't like me...?" Rintarou laughed. 

"Of course I'll like you, silly. And you won't be alone. You'll be a big sister, now. You have a new little sister named Ema."

"I'm a... big sister, now...? But... I already have a little sister. Her name is Shika. She left me, but she's coming back. I just know it," Asami said, eyes shining with what might have been tears, determination, hope, or all three. "I... I don't know... I think I'll still be lonely..."

"Here," Rintarou said, calmly, handing the little girl a small stuffed hippo. "This is for you. He will keep you safe, and he'll always be there for you to keep you safe, okay?"

"..." Asami reached for the small toy, holding it in awe, almost as if she weren't sure what to do with it. Then, she pulled it close and hugged it tightly. "Po. I'll name you Po. And you can be my knight, to keep me safe." She squeezed her eyes shut to prevent tears from falling. 

"Th-thank you, umm..."

"Otou-san."

"Otou-san."

Then the little girl smiled, eyes shining, clutching the small toy in one hand, and clasped her other hand with Rintarou's. Happily, she skipped out of the orphanage, humming a tune her late mother used to sing to her.

End of Flashback

I shake my head, clearing my thoughts. I remember that moment like it was yesterday. It was one of the happiest moments of life. Figuring that I could look for Po after breakfast, I headed into the kitchen.

~*~

"So, how do you two feel about moving in with us...?" Tsubaki asked Ema and I. 

"I think it's nice to have a lot of siblings now!" Ema said, excited. "Asami-nee and I lived alone and didn't really have any siblings to hang out with, so..." she trailed off, thoughtful. "It's great that we have you all, now."