A Very Special Birthday

Hello to my darlings. Long time no see. Finally we have it. An update. Finally. FINALLY. 
F I N A L L Y.

I'd just like to thank those of you who have stuck with me since the beginning, and also those of you who are new to my story. Your reads, your votes, your comments; they all mean so much to me. I'm just honestly glad to know that my story has reached so many people. <3

Okay... also... just a note, but... I am fully aware that like 90% of my stuff is out of order. Like, our Subaby's birthday was supposed to be way back in September... which is definitely before Halloween. So just... pretend that things make perfect sense, because this is just how things are gonna go. 

See you at the end of the chapter!

-Nikki

Asami's POV

I slowly dragged myself down the stairs to the kitchen. It was the weekend, so luckily school would not bother me. Whew, I thought. I'm really thankful I don't have any school, though. And I already finished all my homework, too, so that's all well and good. Now I can just relax and enjoy myself. 

I vaguely remembered someone's birthday being sometimes soon or something, but I was still too sleepy to actually put some thought into it. So I went back to crawling down the stairs, one step at a time.

"Good morning, Ukyo-san."

"Ahh," he said. "Asami-chan. Breakfast is almost ready."

"Thanks!" I exclaimed. I might be tired, but food always seems to perk me up. "I'll be waiting, then! I'm sure it'll be just as great as ever!" Ukyo smiled at the remark. 

"I'm glad to know you like my cooking." To be completely honest with you, Ukyo was a literal angel. One, he did all the work. I mean, sure, maybe it's not good in the long-term if people decide to move out, but right now it's something I just would like to fully appreciate. And two, he was like the mother I never had! Complete with a frying pan!

I was about to head into the living room when Ukyo called out to me. "Oh, Asami? I forgot to mention... today is Subaru's birthday... so do you mind baking a cake? I'll be busy with work most of the day and just don't have the time to do it."

Me, being someone who simply cannot say no to anyone in need, said, "Of course! I'd love to!" Even though my mind was tearing itself to pieces because I'd have to confront Subaru and apologize about before. Confrontation is... well... not my forte, let's say.

Aside from all of that drama, there was another thing bothering me. I wasn't exactly the best chef, or baker for that matter. I mean, I enjoy eating  baked goods and all, but actually making it? I'm not sure I can even follow a recipe right. 

I decided that the best course of action would be to...

Enlist Ema's help.

~*~

First came breakfast, though. Ukyo finished up pretty quickly and I managed to scarf it all down in around 4.75 bites. Who knows how that works.

I needed to eat quickly so that I could head to the store and pick up a present without anyone knowing. And also get the cake ingredients. 

"Bye everyone! Gotta run, now!" Only Iori, Ukyo, Wataru, and Masaomi were at the table, the others being in their rooms, still sleeping.

I headed out the door, walking at a brisk pace to the nearest store, which surprisingly wasn't too far away.