ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi my lovely friends!

Usually I would hate to be doing this, but considering that not all of my readers may read my "personal" book, I figured it would be best for me to make this announcement as an update.

I'll get straight to the point — I am highly discouraged with this story. And that is not for any other reason except that I feel like I've been careless in writing it.

I have neglected to include absolutely pertinent details in accordance to what actually happened in Dave's real life. These have been even small details, such as Dave's hair being dyed blonde when he originally joined Nirvana (as a big fan of blonde Dave, this was a travesty on my part).

When I began this story, I was so excited to explore Dave as a character in my narrative, since as a real person, he is obviously an amazing and well loved guy. Because of this though, it seems that I've strayed off the path of staying true to what this really is at heart — a fan fiction.

Reading it back, it sounds like just an ordinary story. It sounds like a tale about a guy, one that isn't famous to us all, who drums in a band and meets a girl who works at a car shop. I don't see the "Nirvana" in it, nor do I see the "Dave Grohl" in it. It is just another story and in no way, at least to me personally, does it have much to do with the person I'm supposed to be writing about.

So why am I telling you all of this, you may ask? Well, it's not because I'm quitting the story or anything, if that's what you're wondering! I am still very much dedicated to completing Out of the Red and giving you all something awesome to read.

But, in order to do that, I'm going to do something that feels so ~unprofessional~ (even though it is at the end of the day just Wattpad). I'm going to insert a chapter in between two already preexisting ones. It absolutely sets me on edge that I have to do this, because as a writer, I don't like being messy. And God, does this feel super fucking messy.

But it's so important to me that this is a story about my original character paired with Dave, the man that we're all here for! And because of that, I'm going to make sure I keep the facts straight, even if it means treading back on my earlier mistakes and correcting them publicly.

So there will be an update soon, and you will find that it is not necessarily "new." It will take place between scenes that have already happened, but I promise, it's going to be there for a good reason!

Thank you guys for understanding. It seems that I need to slow down a little with my writing and do more of my homework. I've been so emotionally and mentally invested in In the Sun for the last year that doing something new has me sort of all over the place.

Just know I love y'all and I want to make this story perfect for all my Dave/Nirvana stans out there.

xoxo
Shelby