Chapter 12. Feeling Home(part I)

Walking through the well-mowed lawn I realize one thing. I have no idea what to do now. I knew I have to get her but what after that? How to take care of her when the closest to an immature person I have ever been is like an hour ago waking a nineteen-year old by almost choking him?

He'd said she's not delinquent. Hope that's true.

Thomas was shocked, to say the least when I told them about my promise. It's like asking a cuckoo to build a nest to nurse, his words not mine. Liam, though, was different, he was happy I decided not to break my promise by letting a girl rot somewhere. They both offered to help me with her and this time I think I really need it.

We got in the car after that and Liam drove us here. Ivy still have no idea about it and Liam is not pleased with me about it but that doesn't lessen his happiness much. Thomas is too excited to meet Rebecca. It's totally weird because she's going to meet Orla and will have no idea who these two are, she's definitely going to throw tantrum on seeing their faces.

She's not rebellious.

Just don't let her be it.

When I’m standing right in front of the door I look back at the car where Thomas and Liam are waiting, Thomas gives me a thumbs up and I roll my eyes in response. Rebecca's aunt shouldn't see them. The last thing I want now is to drag this little girl into suspicion between two corporation's war.

I knock lightly on the door and wait but when I get no response I knock again and this time I hear light footsteps reaching door. A little sound at the other side of the door and then it creaks open a little. A small girl is holding it and looking up at me with her blue button eyes. Her cheeks are rosy pink and hair is done in two buns, her lower lip is a little droop which makes her look like she’s pouting. She have a small mole near her nose, which complements her completely.

"Hey, baby. Uh…Is anyone at home?" Instead of answering me she just looks up at me with the same expression. So I crouch to her height, touch her bun and ask her again, "Is anyone at home?" This time she wobbles her head up and down which looks like a very big nod for a small kid.

"Can you call them?" She looks at me and runs inside the house.

Well, it wasn't so tough. I know I'll manage it better than those two out there ever expected from me.

A lady who must be in her mid-thirties come at the door after a few minutes. She smiles grandly at me and before I can say anything she engulfs me in a bear hug.

"You should've called me before coming. I would've made something for you, Orla."

"I'm sorry Kat. I'm in a little hurry, maybe next time? Where's Rebecca?"

She looks over her shoulder and then turns to me. "She was just here. Must've gone to pack her bags. She really doesn't like many people, she was so excited to come back home. She had marked her calendar days before." She chuckles shaking her head. "Why don't you come in and sit for a while? It's been so long we haven't catch up. Is Rick coming too?"

"I'm afraid he won't be home anytime soon. He's working too hard on our project. I'm sorry, is Becca ready?"

"She must be co–oh, there she is!"

Just then the same pink cheek girl comes holding a small bag in her tiny hands.

So this is Rebecca. Rick and Orla have done a very good job of keeping her a secret. There were no photos of her anywhere and  if there were some, we were lacking time to devote any for searching.

Following her was another girl of the same age with creamy skin, pointed nose and braided hair. She shares an unmistakable similarity with Kat.

"Hello, Aunt Orla." She says in her small voice.