1st Visit; After 'Hardlight'

Diego Cruz was San Fransokyo's new recently inducted police chief.

He met Hiro Hamada in the Series 2 ep 'Something's Fishy', following the mutated High Voltage's attack on a school dance he attended with his daughter, Megan.

But until recently, he was in pursuit of Big Hero 6, who were now branded fugitives, after the incident with Nega-Globby, a globby monster created by Di Amara, an evil clone of Liv Amara, which had taken control of the body of Globby, a former purse thief mutated in an accident.

And he was still against them, even after they saved him from a villain called Hardlight, who was actually Ian, Krei's meek scientist at KreiTech.

But today, one Saturday, he was busy, resting on his sofa, trying to come up with a way to find out Big Hero 6's identities, so that he could unmask them.

It was then, he caught a glimpse of a newspaper on the dining room table.

He got it out, and read the headline on the front cover. It read '''SFIT BLAST KILLS TWO'''. He read about how a fire at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology that claimed the lives of Tadashi Hamada, the older brother of Hiro Hamada, and a scientist called Professor Robert Callaghan.

Then, he pulled out another newspaper; only this one had the headline '''DEAD PROFESSOR FOUND ALIVE-& ARRESTED'''.

He read the article about Callaghan being arrested for the destruction of KreiTech. He grinned. "Perfect," he said to himself. "This will get me ever closer to finding out Big Hero 6's identities, and unmasking them for all of San Fransokyo to know who they really are!"

He went to his bathroom to shower, and to change. Then, he wrote a note for his daughter, Megan, just in case she got suspicious of what he was up to. He wrote it in block capitals, then stuck it on the fridge, so she'd see it.

It said: 'OUT ON VERY URGENT PATROL; LUNCH IS IN THE FRIDGE; WILL BE BACK IN 2 HOURS. SIGNED, DAD'

He got into his police car, and drove off. He tuned into the radio, and started singing along to 'Gitchee Gitchee Goo', from Phineas and Ferb.

Soon, he reached his stop - San Fransokyo Prison.

---

Former SFIT Professor, Robert Callaghan, was sitting on his bed, in his solitary confinement cell, flexing his fingers, trying to keep himself from boredom, without resorting to talking to himself, lest he ended up losing his sanity.

Suddenly, He heard a loud buzz coming from outside the door, then a tannoy announcer, speaking.

"Prisoner in Solitary Confinement Cell Block A113: Callaghan, Robert, you have a visitor."

Robert suddenly bolted up, and glanced at the door. He wondered if it was his daughter, Abigail. Half of him expected him to be glad to see her again if it was, but also, half of him expected her to be mad, or even disappointed with him, especially after what he'd done.

But, he was definitely sure that after what had happened, he was sure she would probably disown him.

At that thought, his eyes became misty, and a sob caught in his throat.

He shut his eyes, trying to hold his tears back.

When he opened his eyes, the person he saw appear outside his cell definitely took him by surprise; it was definitely NOT his daughter.

It was Diego Cruz, wearing a black hoodie, grey jeans, and black sneakers, instead of his police officer uniform. Robert stared at him incredulously. All his previous emotions suddenly were replaced with confusion and curiosity.