Chapter Seven - It'll be the best night of your life. I promise.

Francis' POV

Monday

I haven't seen Billie for two days due to the weekend. She has sent me multiple messages but I haven't replied - upholding this professional relationship is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Today is the day we leave for England. I'm at the airport with Mike and some of Billies team.

A black car approaches us and Billie steps out, placing her glasses over her eyes. She smirks at me, then goes over to Mike.

Finneas exits the car with another girl and comes up to me, holding her hand.

She immediately gives me a huge hug, squeezing me tightly and swaying from side to side.

"Francis, this is Claudia." Finneas smiles.

She pulls away and wraps her arms around his side, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Wow. Billie was right. You're beautiful. It's lovely to meet you." She beams.

I look over to Billie who's already staring at me. I can tell she heard Claudia. Even though she's wearing sunglasses, I know she has that same glare she always gives me.

"Thank you." I reply, turning back to Claudia and Finneas.

"Are we all ready to go?" Mike calls out to everyone.

***

We went through security extremely quickly due to Billie. I haven't spoken to her yet - she's had her headphones in the whole time and I've been talking to Claudia. But, we keep giving each other small glances and I can always feel her eyes on me.

Arriving at the private jet, I take a seat at the very back - I'm not a people person.

Closing my eyes, I bring my knees to my chest and rest my head against the window.

I feel someone sit down next to me and see Billie.

"All the seats were full." She smirks. Nearly every seat is empty. Somehow I manage to keep my smile inside.

She goes on her phone and swipes through her playlist to choose a song. I try to find a comfortable position but the plane walls are so hard and painful.

After much contemplation, I rest my head on her shoulder. She jilts ever so slightly in shock, but instantly relaxes. Pulling an ear bud out of her ear, she places it in mine.

My slowly shut and I fall in a deep, comfy sleep.

***

I wake up and realise I'm still on Billie's shoulder. My arms are wrapped around one of hers like I'm cuddling a teddy bear. My hand is in hers and she softly plays with my fingers, not knowing I'm awake yet.

For a split second, I consider staying there, pretending to be asleep so I can stay in her arms a little longer. But, knowing that those few minutes could never become something more, I pull away.

I try to lean back into my seat but jolt when I realise my hand is still in hers. She grips tightly and I bite my lip ever so slightly as I smile softly. It turns into a giggle and I shake my head.

She loosens her grip and slowly pulls her hand away, taking in every inch of our skin touching.

As she brings her hand away, mine immediately feels cold.

"How long was I asleep for?" I ask, looking at the sunset through the window.

"A few hours." She replies casually.

"Didn't you need to pee?" I say, thinking about how she stayed there the hold time with my head on her.

She lets out a soft chuckle. "That's your reply?"

Not quite understanding her comment, I look around at the others. Mike is busy working on some spreadsheet. Finneas and Claudia are cuddling under a blanket talking. I smile to myself at how much they love each other - I barely know them but anyone can tell how perfect they are.

I notice from the corner of my eye that Billie is staring at me, admiring me like a piece of artwork. I turn to look out the window.

I notice her pause the song. I don't take much note of it, though, until a familiar song comes on.

"I wanna be alone
Alone with you - does that make sense?
I wanna steal your soul
And hide you in my treasure chest

I don't know what to do
To do with your kiss on my neck
I don't know what feels true
But this feels right so stay a sec
Yeah, you feel right so stay a sec

And let me crawl inside your veins
I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain
It's not like me to be so mean
You're all I wanted
Just let me hold you

Like a hostage

Gold on your fingertips
Fingertips against my cheek
Gold leaf across your lips
Kiss me until I can't speak"

I turn to her, confusion on my face. She smirks ever so slightly, letting me know that the song's about me.

"When did you write this?"

"The night we met on the balcony. I wrote while you slept. It was only phrases at that point."

I don't know what to reply.

"Do you like it?" She asks, scanning my face.

"God, it's beautiful, Billie. I-" Once again, I find myself speechless. Her smirk grows and a hypnotising stare fills her eyes.

"Can I listen to it, again?" I whisper. She goes on her phone and presses play.

I close my eyes, as if to focus all my senses on just hearing the song. I take in every word and a smile subconsciously falls on my lips.

As the song ends, I turn to Billie.

"Just one more time?"

She grins and presses restart.

After listening to the song once again, I take my earbud out - I don't want to listen to any other song now, I just want to hear her voice over and over again in my mind. She takes her earbud out too and puts her phone away.

"What time's your set?" I ask.

"7:00." She replies. "Then we go straight back to the hotel."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Fuck no."

She laughs. "Where the hell else are we gonna go, dude?"

"Wait, you don't go to any of the other concerts?"

"Nah."

"Why?"

"No one ever wants to go with me. And I can't go out unless I'm with someone I know or security."

A mischievous smirk curls the sides of my mouth up. "I am taking you to one of the concerts."

Her smile copies mine.

"It'll be the best night of your life. I promise." I continue.

"You think it'll beat our night on the balcony? I don't know, man, that's gonna be tough as hell." She jokes.

I beam inside, thinking about how that night was probably my favourite, too. I could feel the electricity between us from the second I saw her.

I may have to keep things professional, but I will always be captivated by her.

A/N: what do u think will happen next?

PLEASE ADD TO UR LIBRARY, VOTE AND COMMENT!

Thank you for reading I love uuuuu x