CHAPTER 8

Chapter 8: The Divulgence of One's Mind

A LONG line was starting to pool at the Starcourt box office but luckily, Steve had gotten their tickets while he waited for Jean.

However, the concession stand was a different story, they waited for what seemed like forever for an order of popcorn, which despite Jean's objections, Steve generously paid for.

They walked through the dark aisle and reached the cinema, only lit by the large screen playing a selection of advertisements.

"Front seats are for suckers." Steve whispered when he found a prime spot in the back of the theater, thinking those who sat too close to the screen to be idiots. He and Jean squeezed past those already seated.

Once they settled in, things were quiet as they watched the previews, a soft smile crossed Steve features as he glimpsed between the bright screen and the beautiful Jean Grey.

Jean slumped back in her chair, taking a sip from the icy cola drink in hand and before the movie began, she thought to break the news to her friend. "By the way, I decided to take your advice."

"What advice?" Steve said in a gentle voice. The movie starting to play behind him, but his eyes were only on her.

"You know, I decided to follow in your footsteps."

"Not following." He admitted, looking clueless.

"As you may or may not know, Lucas' parents are going to be busy all summer." She explained step by step, seeing Steve nodding, indicating that he followed with her.

"Uh huh."

"Sooo, you're looking at Lucas little sister's babysitter!" She enthused, her volume turned down but Jean's excitement visible from her tone and facial expression. The red haired eighteen year old was grateful to get a job. One that she liked to think would be perfect for her, since she got along really well with El and her friends. While Hopper disagreed at first, he relented eventually as she argued that she needed to become her own person and find her way in the world. She couldn't let her amnesia debilitate her from going on with her life.

"That's great!" Steve congratulated her, a little too loud -much to the dismay of the people sitting next to him.

"Shush."

Steve Harrington's face fell, and an adorable pout took place as he received a number of glares. "Why am I always shushed when I'm with you?" He mumbled to himself, eliciting a soft giggle from Jean.

Not wanting to bother people, the redhead leaned in to whisper into Steve's ear. Fortunately for him, she missed the slightest shudder that came from him as a reaction to her warm breath tickling his skin.

"Anywho, her parents love the fact that I have basically no plans whatsoever for the summer so I can be at their beck and call whenever they need."

"Hey, we hang out." Steve retorted, somewhat offended but he played it off in a joking way.

She sent him a knowing look. "Yeah, but you start working at Scoops in a couple of days."

"True.." The brown haired male agreed. "But you can always come and visit, check me out all in uniform." Steve suggested in a flirty tone. He was told that he'd be receiving a sailor uniform, so he imagined an outfit that made his masculinity ooze out. An actual manly sailor's look.

Little did he know, the actual uniform would make him look like a toddler. And it would later fuel Jean's unbridled amusement.

"Deal."