2. Shattered Hopes

Hope had always been on her side. Hope for a friend she never had, hope for better parents, hope for a new life.

That hope was close to being broken, as soon as the family settled in the spacious manor.

But despite all, despite how much of it was left, it remained unwaveringly still.

The manor was painted deep red on the exterior walls, and a deep shade of grey inside. The manor was protected from every side, with tall fences, of which were impossible to climb. In the front lawn, there stood a huge metal gate. The metal had rusted and the gate was unhinged. Mr. James was a diligent man, who had paid quite a shiny penny for the property to be properly renovated; but finding someone to fix the rotten metal in the desolate town was his biggest pain.

This part of town was, in many ways, weird. People rarely left their homes, and showed signs of extreme irritation if someone new would come and settle in; this Leah had found out the hard way. Strange as it was though, it still had a library.

And that was all she needed for her escape. Every Sunday evening was filled with a jog to the world of imaginations, where absolutely no one could tell her what to do, let alone harm her in anyway.

She read her way through many adventures in one day. It made her feel, as if she was not all alone. Even though being in the spotlight due to the 'odd one out' in the new town wasn't what she had wanted.

Being stared at and demoralised is not the definition of having friends, but she had to go on, she knew she had no choice, and she wasn't stupid enough to make the same mistake twice.

It was Saturday evening, she gazed out at the stars above her head, it being one of her favourite past times and an escape from reality. She thought of the millions of
unknown worlds as her reality, where she could dive in, and not drown. She tried to find a constellation today, but something was wrong.

It didn't work. Utterly confused at this, she eradicated her thoughts and settled in to sleep. Since falling into dreams was one of her best falls, she knew she
was safe.

A small smile appeared on her face, as her eyes closed.

I know this is short. *sighs at self*