19. Bad Side

Leah's eyes shot open when a strong hand creeped over her mouth and warped around tightly, silencing any screams or pleas of help she might have uttered out of her throat.

Her panicked eyes hurriedly scanned everywhere, and there they were in the hazy blur; eyes the colour of pure blood.

Her nightmare had begun.

She shut her eyes, praying to the God above to save her, to prolong her suffering rather than giving it to her all at once. 

Only when that hand let go, did she open them to realise she wasn't in her room anymore, and somehow she had ended up in the house's soundproof basement.

Leah couldn't even process what could have possibly happened to cause this before her eyes fell on the boy, who was very much blazing with anger.

"You already forgot our deal, did you?", his frighteningly calm voice forced her to fall to her knees and back up in a wall as much as she could.

"I..."

He was pacing around her, each step faster than the previous.

"Out of upright generosity, I even left you a note on your bedside table, telling you CLEARLY to stay awake. But you still manage to disobey me."

Leah flinched at his tone. She was horrified. She was so tired last night she had immediately fallen sleep, ingenuous to the note that was resting placidly besides her head.

Somehow, with tears streaming down her face, she mustered up the courage to explain herself. 
"I -I... I am sorry, I just f-fell asl-"

"Shut it. I don't need your foolish excuses.

At least I'll get to have fun tonight."

He jerked her up by her arm and brought his fear stricken face closer to hers.

"As I watch you suffer tonight."
His laugh was injected with sarcasm.

"I warned you, transgressing my orders would have consequences."
His eyes glowed crimson in the faint moonlight.

"I... I am s-sorry."

He smiled.

"I am hurting you for your own good."

With that, she felt as if she was being sucked out of one place and transported to another, the winds around her so strong, her eyes were forced shut.

When she opened her now runny eyes again, she found herself staring at her new surroundings, which made her blood run cold.

Unable to tear her eyes off the horror, she jumped when he appeared in front of her out of what was supposedly thin air.

'What-'

He threw her to the floor, not too harshly but enough to break her balance and send her tumbling .

Thereafter, he, in the blink of an eye, stepped out of the small room and slammed the door shut.

A key turning, and then a lock clicking.

"You shouldn't get on my bad side Leah."

And then the only thing that could be heard were footsteps slowly receding.

I do know this chapter is terribly short, and I am very sorry about it ;-;