WARNING Chapter 2 WARNING

5 Hours Later

I climbed the rocky environment until I reached my destination. I stood on a cliff and looked out at the horizon. I sat on the edge of the cliff and looked down at the water below me. I saw a rock to the left of me and grabbed it. I chucked it into the air and it smacked into the rock wall across from me. I stood up. I looked down at the water before I peeled my shirt off and sighed. I slowly fell forward off the cliff into the water. A part of me hoping the fall from this height would kill me. The other part was hoping the complete opposite. I went into the water with a loud splash and closed my eyes. My mind became clear when I made contact with the cold water. 

15 Minutes Earlier

Kimberly POV

I stood in the woods after cliff-diving into the water. I resurfaced to find Jason Scott near the water screaming my name. "Kimberly! Kimberly!" Jason screamed. "It's strange to hear you say my name." I told him. He looked over at me. "What? What did you say?" He asked. "I said, it's strange to hear you say my name. Like we know each other." I said grabbing a towel and drying myself off. "We...We do know each other." Jason said. "Oh, we know who each other are, but we don't really know each other." I said. "I know you used to date Ty Fleming." He said. "Oh. Then you know I punched his tooth out." I stated. "I know they put it back." Jason said with a smile. 

"So what are you doing up here? Did you follow me?" I asked as the two of us walked through the woods. "I, uh, came with Billy." Jason answered. "Billy Cranston? Weird. But I've seen him up here before. My house is on the other side of the mountain. I hike these trails  sometimes to clear my head. And I stare down at Angel Grove and wonder how such a small crap town could cause me such misery." I said as I looked down at the town. Jason laughed beside me. I looked at him. "That funny to you?" I asked. Jason looked at me. "No, I just...I feel the same way." Jason said. "Yeah. Jason Scott, star quarterback, crashes and burns. Destroys his career and destroys our season. Go Tigers." I said looking at him. "Yeah, now I walk around town and everyone's looking at me like I ran over their dog." Jason said looking at me. "So why don't you leave? You know, just go. I could leave here, you know?" I said. "Where?" Jason asked. I scoffed. "God, anywhere." I answered. "So let's go." Jason said. I laughed. "What?" He asked. "You'd never do it." I said looking at me. "Try me." He said. "Oh, what, you and me? You got a car?" I asked. "I have a van." Jason said. "Ooh, that's creepy." I stated. Jason chuckled. "It's not that kind of van." He said calmly. "Every van is that kind of van." I countered. "So, let's go." He said. I stared at him. "Are you daring me? 'Cause I'll go." I said with a smile. Jason laughed when something caught my attention. I spotted a long-sleeve plaid green flannel shirt hanging from a tree branch. I walked towards it. "Jason." I said grabbing the shirt. "Isn't this the shirt that Thomas was wearing in detention?" I asked holding it up for him to see. "Yeah...it is." Jason answered walking over, looking at it. "I saw him earlier today heading towards the mines. He comes here a lot and sits on the tops of mountains." I said. "Maybe he's still here." Jason said with a shrug. I heard the sound of a rock hitting something. They looked around before spotting a shadowy figure across the canyon standing near the edge of a tall cliff. "Is that--" Jason started. "Thomas." I finished. We watched as Thomas took his green t-shirt off and looked down at the water down below. "He's not gonna do what I think he's gonna do...is he?" I asked. "Yeah." Jason said. Thomas raised a foot past the cliff. "He's gonna jump." I said with wide eyes. "No he's not. He's gonna kill himself." Jason said running to Thomas. Before we could reach Thomas' side of the cliff. He fell forward off the cliff in a 'T' pose. He dove into the water beneath him and the splash echoed throughout the woods.

"Do you see him?" I asked after searching the water below. Thomas hadn't resurfaced for 5 minutes. "No." Jason said. "You don't think he's dead, do you?" I asked looking at Jason with wide eyes. I jumped at the clearing of someone's throat. "Can I help you with something?" A voice said from behind us. We turned around to see Thomas a few yards away from us. He was soaking wet still. "We thought you died." Jason answered. "As the both of you can obviously see...I'm still here...and still breathing." He said stretching his arms checking his body for emphasis. "Why would you do that?" I asked. "Okay...well one. I didn't jump, I purposefully fell in. And two, why do you two care?" Thomas asked walking to us. He held his hand out for a moment waiting. He cleared his throat and raised his eyebrows, before pointing at the green flannel shirt in my hands. "Oh. Sorry." I said handing it to him. He put the shirt on and looked at us with raised eyebrows. "You never answered the question." He said. "We wanted to make sure you didn't die." Jason said. "Well I'm not. You satisfied?" He said walking away. "W-were you...were you trying to kill yourself?" I asked furrowing eyebrows concerned. Thomas sighed. "That is none of your business. And besides...if I did and you two weren't here tonight. You would've never noticed I was gone." Thomas said walking past me. "Why did you do it then?" Jason asked. "What's with the 20 Questions?" Thomas asked turning around, getting annoyed. "Dude. If you need help-" Jason started. "Let me guess. You want me to know that I can talk to you two? Is that right?" Thomas asked. I opened my mouth to say something but couldn't think of anything to say. "Look. I'm fine. I was clearing my head. Trust me...if I wanted to kill myself...I'd have already done it." Thomas said rubbing the back of his head.

Thomas POV

I was about to tell them to leave me alone when a loud explosion occurred. A scream soon followed. My head snapped to the right, eyes wide. I ran towards the sound followed by Kimberly and Jason. I spotted Billy on the ground coughing. He sat up and got to his feet. "What are you doing, dude?" A kid said running up to Billy. "I've been digging up here for some years." Billy said. "Hey! Easy, guy. Let's sort this out, huh?" Jason said getting between them. "I seen him up here before." The kid said pointing at Billy. "Hey Jason!" Billy said. "Dude cannot be walking around blowing stuff up!" The kid said. "I was just trying to dig a little deeper! Maybe I dug too deep, huh?" Billy yelled. Jason turned around and looked at Billy. "Billy, you don't have to yell. We can hear you, okay?" Jason said. "Okay!" Billy shouted again. "Hey! You guys looking to get busted or something? This place is a restricted area!" A girl said above us. "Oh, really, Einstein? Restricted? As in, we shouldn't be standing on crazy rocks doing Karate Kid moves, right?" The kid asked her. Billy ran to the rock wall he detonated. "Uh...Guys..." Billy said. I heard a rumbling nearby. "Billy? How powerful was that explosion?" I asked. "Yeah. I see you." The kid said. "Yeah, or camping out on old trains. I see you too, homeboy." The girl countered. "Uh, guys..." Billy said a little louder. I walked over to him. "There's a lotta mine security out tonight." The girl said. "Who is she?" I heard Kimberly ask. "I don't know. I've never seen her before." Jason said. Billy and I raised our hands out to touch the rock surface. My eyes went wide as I watched the rock crack and crumble at the slightest touch of my finger. "Oh, no." Billy said as I simultaneously said, "Crap." The rumbling got louder and the stability of the rock failed. The strange girl tried to keep her balance as the rock crumbled. "Whoa!" She exclaimed. The wall fell and collapsed in on itself. The girl screamed as she fell. I dropped suddenly without warning and let out a scream. I bounced off multiple rocks and finally rolled to a stop. I let out a groan and coughed as I spat blood out my mouth. "Ow." I said with a pained voice. 

"Are you okay?" Jason asked. "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay." Kimberly answered. I rolled over onto my back and groaned. "That's gonna leave a mark." I stated in a strained voice. "Tommy, you good?" Jason asked running over to me with Kimberly. "I think I may have broken my everything but yeah...I'm good." I said as Jason and Kimberly pulled me to my feet. "What is it?" I heard Billy question. I watched him walk over to a rock wall. "You better not blow that one up, Billy." I said with wide eyes shaking my head. "'Cause a teenager can only take so much physical trauma before they're dead." I said bending over and leaning on my knees. I stood up and walked over to Billy. "I've never seen glass like this before." Billy said. I spotted a weird object behind the glass and furrowed my eyebrows. "What the-" I started. The object was green and seemed to be glowing. There were five others, each a different color than the next. Red, blue, pink, black, and yellow. My eye was drawn to the green one. "All right, watch out, watch out. Look!" A kid said grabbing a pickax and digging into the glass. "Wait, no, no, no! No, no!" Billy exclaimed. "Seriously?!" The new girl said. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Oh yeah!" The kid said as the pink stone fell to the ground. "My dad always knew the right spots." Billy said. "There's gotta be more. Let's get it!" The kid said. "Get out of the way." Jason said. "That doesn't mean keep banging! Oh!" Billy said. Another dropped to the ground. The kid picked it up. "What is it?" Jason asked. The kid raised the hammer into the air. "What? No. No, no, no! Don't break it. Don't break it! Don't break it! Don't break...You broke it. Okay." Billy said. I picked up the green stone and gazed into it. I saw a weird design within the green stone. It looked like a reptile...that's for sure. I looked up from the stone, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "Reptile?" I whispered to myself. Jason held the red one, Billy held the blue, Kimberly the pink, new girl held the yellow, and the new guy held the black one. "What the hell kind of stone is this?" I asked myself staring at it. It glowed bright green in my hands. Jason and the new guy broke into an argument over who discovered the colored stones. I heard a faint sound nearby. "Guys, guys. Do you hear that?" Kimberly asked. An alarm blared. "Mine security. Peace." The new guy said running away. "Someone should have pointed that out. Wait, I did." The new girl said before running away as well, Kimberly following in pursuit. Jason and Billy ran away in one direction. I watched the five teenagers run as I looked down at the green stone in my hands. "Hey! You there! Stay where you are!" A voice shouted as beams of light landed on me. I spun around and looked at the mine security. My eyes widened as I bolted away.