Chapter 19

The Next Day

I sat on the couch watching television. The news was playing, I saw a brief video of me as the Green Ranger pulling off bad-ass moves as I kicked the shit out of Putties. I smirked before I heard my name called. "Tommy." I heard and saw my dad in the doorway. I looked at him. "Yeah dad?" I asked. "There's someone I'd like for you to meet." He said as the woman in pink walked in and stood next to him. I stood up. "Tommy. Meet Amy Hart." Dad said. "Amy. Meet my son, Tommy." My dad said. I offered her my hand and she shook it with a smile. "You wouldn't happen to know a Kimberly Hart, do you?" I asked. "No. But my middle name is Kimberly." Amy said. "Oh." I said with wide eyes and a smile. "You'll be seeing a lot of Amy." My dad said. I looked at him. "Oh?" I asked raising my eyebrows, questioningly. "We had some coffee a week and a half ago at the Krispy Kreme." Amy said looking at my dad. "So...you two..." I said gesturing two fingers between them. "You two...are..." I started. "Dating." My dad finished. "Wow! Cool! That's great!" I said as my phone dinged in my back pocket. "And I...got a date of my own." I said looking at the phone notification from Kimberly. "It's called 'Detention.' Get going." My dad called out as I grabbed my green jacket and left the house. "Yeah. Yeah. I know." I said looking at him as I walked backwards. "And Tommy." My dad said. "I know. I know....No fighting." I said with a smile. He smiled back and nodded. I looked down at my phone and replied. 'On my way.'

Kimberly POV

I waited on the corner of a street waiting for Tommy. When I saw a boy in a green jacket with long hair walk around the corner. I smiled at him. "Mornin'." I said walking next to Tommy. "Morning." He said as I wrapped my right arm around him. "You know what sucks about this?" Tommy asked. "What?" I asked. "I can never eat at Krispy Kreme again." Tommy said as Jason, Zack, and Trini joined us. "Oh. Don't feel too bad, Tommy. Donuts will rise again." Zack joked with a smile. "Ominously delicious sounding." I said looking at him as we walked to Billy's house. Tommy walked up the steps and rang the doorbell. The door opened up. "Wow! You're Tommy Oliver!" The woman said. My eyes went wide at her reaction. "That is my name...and my dad's name." Tommy said. "Your name is also your dad's name?" Trini asked. "Yeah...I asked him about it once. He told me something about creating a legacy or something." Tommy said with shrug. "Billy! Tommy Oliver is here with Jason Scott and Kimberly Hart and Zack Taylor and some girl named Didi." Billy's mom yelled. I jumped back at her sudden yelling. I looked at Trini with a snicker. "Mom, it's Trini!" I heard Billy yell from another room. "I'm coming! I'm coming!" Billy yelled again. Billy ran to the door wearing blue with a smile. He walked down the steps. "You guys see the news?" Tommy asked. "You mean the video of a certain Green Ranger kicking ass? Nope, haven't seen it." Zack said. I chuckled as the six of us walked to detention. "Oh. I met that woman this morning." Tommy said. "What woman?" Jason asked. "The one in pink." Tommy said. "Oh. Kim's twin?" Trini asked pointing at me. "Yeah. Her. I met her this morning. Apparently, she and my dad are dating. And get this. Her last name...is Hart." Tommy said looking at me. "No way!" I said with wide eyes. "Yep. And that's not the best part, either. Her middle name...is Kimberly. So her full name is Amy Kimberly Hart. And she is dating my dad who is also named Tommy Oliver...the First anyways." Tommy said. "That's kinda freaky, don't you think?" Jason asked. "A little. But...the way I see it. As long as my dad is happy...I'm happy. And if he's happy dating a woman that coincidentally loves the color pink and has 'Kimberly Hart' in her name...then...I'm okay with that." Tommy said looking at me with a smile. I smiled at him as he pressed his lips to mine tenderly. "You guys are so cute." Trini said with a smile as Tommy pulled away from the kiss with a smile.

We walked into detention and we took our seats. Tommy took a seat and took his green jacket off and put on the back of his chair revealing a green shirt with black dragon design on the back. He stood for a second and ran up the stairs. I shook my head and chuckled as Trini took a seat next to Zack. Zack sat behind Billy. I sat near Jason. Tommy had a seat near the corner of the room. "Attention! Attention in detention." The teacher said. "So...let's start with roll call." He added. "Tommy Oliver. Tommy Oliver? Tommy Oliver! Tommy Oliver? Tommy Oliver!" The teacher repeated. I looked at Jason with raised eyebrows and looked at the desk over near the corner of the room. I heard a door open and looked up. I saw Tommy slide down the rails of the stairs and land on the floor. "Hi. I'm Tommy." Tommy said to the teacher. "By the way, I'm Tommy Oliver the Second. My dad is Tommy Oliver the First....not that that really makes a difference. Nice beard, by the way." Tommy said leaning on the desk of the teacher. I held back laughter covering my mouth. "Take your seat, Mr. Oliver." The teacher said. Tommy plopped down into his seat. I threw him a small square piece of paper immediately. He caught easily between in thumb and pointer finger. He looked at it. It was a drawing of a lightning bolt. Colored red, green, pink, yellow, blue, and black. I watched Tommy smile and fold the paper back up and threw the piece of paper back at me with a smile. A loud explosion happened nearby. "Cranston." The teacher said. Billy's head snapped up at the sound. "That might have been my fault. That might have been my fault, I'm so sorry." Billy said. Tommy let out a string of laughter putting two black boots on the table in front of him. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.