Chapter 9

"If Rita manages to create Goldar...Are you listening to me?" Alpha 5 said as we followed him. "And he rips the crystal from the ground, it'll be like 10,000 nuclear bombs washing over Earth." Alpha 5 said. "Supposed to freak us out?" Zack asked. "You keep making this harder. We're busting our asses." Jason said. "Yeah. Feel free to throw us a bone at some point." I said. "Yes, I see you busting your 'asses'. So I've decided to give you some inspiration. What you will find beyond this wall will forever change your lives. Come on." Alpha 5 said as we climbed over the wall. I got to my feet wide-eyed. "Whoa!" I said looking at six giant robots. "The Zords! Pretty cool, right?" Alpha 5 said. "Yeah." Billy said. "They take on the form of the most powerful organism on the planet. When these Zords formed, dinosaurs reigned supreme. They will be an extension of you. And their power is all but limitless." Alpha 5 said. Each were the colors of the coins. There was a red Tyrannosaurus, a blue Triceratops, a yellow Saber-toothed Tiger, a black Mastodon...I'm guessing....elephants weren't a thing 65 million years ago. A pink Pterodactyl and lastly...a green one. "Wait...what's that green one?" I asked pointing at it. We looked at the biggest one at the back. It had wings and four limbs. "That...Tommy would be your Zord. The Dragon Zord. The most powerful Zord of them all." Alpha 5 said. "Wait...but Dragons don't exist." I said. "You're also talking to a robot that takes commands from a face in a wall." Trini said with a snicker. I smiled. "Touché." I said with a nod. The Dragon Zord rose into the air and looked straight at me. "But you're not ready for this power. When you morph, your armor will make you one with the Zords. So come on, let's go train. Today's the day you become Rangers! I can feel it!" Alpha 5 said. "I have a fucking dragon as a Zord." I said with a smile. "Who do you know that can say that?" I asked looking at everyone with a smile. "You." Zack said.

I walked away from the Zords with the others. "Where's Zack?" Alpha 5 asked. "Are you serious?" Jason asked. We turned around to see Zack was gone. I heard a rumble and a giant black robot crash through the rock wall. "Run!!!" I screamed as we backed into a run. I ran as fast as I could. I glanced behind me to see the Mastodon skidding on the ground slowing to a stop. I jumped for cover and skidded across multiple rocks. I grunted as I touched a finger to my head. I pulled it away to see blood. I hissed getting to my feet. "Ay, ay, ay!" Alpha 5 said. "Are you okay?" The others asked me. I seemed to be the only one that had received injuries. Zack exited the Mastodon Zord coughing. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shouted. "All right, my bad, my bad. That's on me, right there." Zack said limping to us. "What's your problem?" Trini asked. "You could've killed yourself! Or us!" I shouted walking to him. "Back off, boss man." Zack said pushing me out the way. I turned around wide-eyed. I grabbed his shoulder. "Hey!" I screamed turning him around to look at me. I slammed a fist into his face. "Oh, come on, guys. Wow." Billy said. He stumbled back before he slammed a fist into my face. "Guys, guys, guys, come on!" Trini said. "Watch it!" He said pushing her away. I swung at him and he dodged. "Wait. What are you doing?" Alpha 5 asked. He tackled me to the ground and slammed a fist into my nose. I growled through my teeth and kicked him off me. He went flying. I ran at him and and felt overwhelming rage course through my body. He got to his feet and hit me in the chin with an uppercut. I flew into the air, flipping backwards. I crashed to the ground. I pushed myself to my feet and spat blood. We ran at each other but I was shoved back by Billy. "Just stop fighting, please!" He screamed. I stumbled back staring at Billy with wide eyes. Kimberly ran to me as I fell to one knee. "Tommy!" She yelled. "Are you okay?" She whispered helping me up. "I'm...fine." I said through gritted teeth. I grunted standing up straight. "What?" Billy asked. "That's dope." Trini said. "What? I got something on my..." Billy started looking at his hand. "Yeah!" Zack said. Billy was wearing a formfitting blue suit...he morphed. "Whoa! Okay, now that's cool! Oh, yeah!" He exclaimed as Zack reached out a hand to touch it. The suit receded back into Billy. "Where'd it go? Bring it back! Bring it back, dude." Zack said. "Get out! Training is over for today. Go home." Zordon said. "I'm sorry, he just morphed. He did it. You saw it, right?" Kimberly said pointing at Billy. "Do it again. All of you. Any of you." Zordon said. We all looked at Billy as I walked over to a wall and leaned against it. "Billy. How'd you do it, Billy?" Jason asked. "Come on, Billy, let's do it." Zack said. "Show us what you did." Jason said. "Come on. Do it again." Zack said. Billy closed his eyes trying to concentrate. "Do it again!" Zack said. "I'm trying, I'm trying! I can't focus!" Billy said. "Billy, how'd you do it? Show us." Jason said. "He doesn't know how." I announced as everyone looked at me sitting on the ground leaning my head against the rock wall. "Besides...telling someone to do something that we've been trying for days to do...isn't going to make them do it miraculously." I said staring at the green coin in my hand. I grunted as I got to my feet, leaning on the wall for support. "I'm going home." I said walking away down the dark cave, the green coin making a bright green glow within the cave.