Chapter 3

I climbed the mountains and shoved the strange stone in my jean pocket. I ran faster as the land became less jagged and flatter. I looked over my shoulder as 3 pairs of headlights were in close pursuit. My eyes widened as I heard a car alarm blare nearby. I looked for a way out. I looked up to my right and spotted a railing. I jumped to the railing and swung myself up onto it. I looked behind at the security. "Stop!" One of them shouted. I ran up the railing and jumped off onto a lower level. I spotted a blue minivan being driven by Jason and Billy. They were in their own chase. I heard a door open to the right of me and saw security on a railing perpendicular to the one I was on. "Uh oh." I muttered. I ran faster and jumped off the railing to the ground below rolling as I hit the floor to soften the impact as I ran again. About 50 yards ahead I saw Jason pull Kimberly and the new girl into the minivan. The door closed shut and the minivan sped off. I ran towards the facility exit to find a red truck parked in front of it blocking me. I ran at it and jumped onto it. I ran over the truck and flipped over the security fence. The security guard got into the truck and backed into the gate smashing it open. "Well...that's not encouraging." I stated speeding up. I saw the minivan on a road up ahead. I saw the new guy jump onto the roof of the van and Jason pulled him in. Meanwhile...the red truck was gaining on me. "That's just great. Tommy congratulations! You're going to prison!" I shouted.

Kimberly POV

I looked out the window of the van and spotted a red truck nearby. "Weird. That truck isn't even going after us." I said. "That's because it's going after someone else. Look!" Jason yelled pointing at a figure in green booking it in front of the red truck. "Is that?! Oh my god! That's Tommy!" I exclaimed. Tommy glanced over his shoulder and ran faster. "Damn! That dude can run!" New girl said. "Yeah he can! He has to be going well over 20 miles per hour right now." Billy said looking over at Tommy run and looked back at the road. "Well whatever he's doing he better keep doing it because something tells me that only one of those two can reach 120 miles per hour. And something also tells me...that's not the one on foot." Jason stated opening the door. "TOMMY!!!" Jason screamed. Tommy looked over at us. "RUN!!!" Jason yelled. "LET'S GO!!" Jason yelled again. Tommy looked over his shoulder and suddenly took a left turn, running towards the van. "He's not gonna make it." The new girl said. The red truck braked and drifted left. The tail-end of the truck making the truck spin more than the driver wanted. Tommy got closer and was next to the van. Jason hung out of the van with his arm stretched out. Tommy ran closer and grabbed Jason's hand. Jason grunted as he pulled Tommy into the van. Jason closed the door as Tommy collapsed onto the floor of the van. "Well...that sucked." He said sitting up. "Guys...there's train up ahead." The girl said climbing into the front passenger's seat next to Billy. "I just HAD to say it, didn't I?" Tommy said. "You can make it, Billy." Jason said to Billy. "Are you kidding?! We can't make that!" Tommy shouted with wide eyes looking at Jason. "Yes he can!" Jason countered. "Really?! Because when's the last time you saw a piece of crap van beat a train in a race? Huh? You haven't and you won't. Because it will never happen. Why? Because it's a van! So unless this van has a turbo button! We're dead!" Tommy argued. "You got it." Jason said. "You got it!" The new guy repeated. "I hope he has it." The new girl added. "He definitely doesn't have it." I said. "We're dead." Tommy said. "I got it! I got it!" Billy shouted as he drove over the railroad. I looked to the right to see the train smash into the van. I was pulled back by Tommy as the van flew into the air flipping. The glass shattered as we screamed. Tommy let go as he smacked into the crushed van door. I watched as blood trickled out from his nose and mouth. The van hit the ground and tumbled some more before rolling to a stop at the bottom of a hill. I stared at Tommy's unconscious figure in front of me before I closed my eyes and blacked out.