Chapter 19 - Change of Plans

Grizz 

Today is the day. Today is the big game. And Grizz is hella nervous! 

Not only could his team win the championship today but there is also a talent scout which means Grizz has to play basically like a god in order to get his scholarship...

"Gaaaareeeth! It's time c' mon!" Grizz hears his mom shouting from downstairs and grabs his sports bag. It's Friday evening and sadly...the weather is absolutely shit. It's raining like hell. But this shouldn't stop Grizz from staying focused. His team has to win- no matter what! 

The boy gets in his Mom's car and plays nervously with his fingers. 

"Nervous?" his mom asks softly smiling. 

"Hmmh..." the jock mumbles and start now biting his lip. 

"Don't be. You've trained so hard for this. Just believe in you. I know you can do it darling." 

Grizz smiles at her "Thank you, Mom."

He even notices that his mom wears a WWHS football jersey which makes him smile even more - his mom is literally the cutest! 

Grizz was very early but decided to go change anyways and warm up properly. On his way to the changing rooms, he saw the all-boys school team. They look really professional...and a little frightening to be honest. 

Then Grizz spots him. David. Sams boyfriend. He can't believe it. Sams boyfriend plays in the all-boys schools' football team?! What the hell?! Grizz clenches his fists just by looking at him. This person makes him so angry...

Just a second later David notices Grizz too. An evil smile appears on his face before he turns around and follows his team in their changing room. 

Well. Shit. 

Grizz quickly changes but as he did so he suddenly feels the panic taking over. His teammates were entering the room and the jock decides to quickly get out of here. Get some fresh air. He feels his heart racing, his palms are sweaty but also cold, his whole body is shaking and it feels like he can't breathe properly. It's freaking him out but he can't relax! He rushes through a little crowd and finds a little spot under the bleachers where he was alone. He sits down, bends his knees and hides his face in his hands, trying to get his breathing under control. He heard the music outside on the field as well as a lot of indistinct chatter from the bleachers above him.

Which is not exactly helping in his situation. Grizz closes his eyes, completely concentrating on his breathing. 

Suddenly he hears a familiar voice and looks up. Sam is standing in front of him. 

"Sam I feel like I am about to die..." Grizz whispers frantically and feels a tear running down his cheek. "I..I can't do this!" 

Sam quickly knees down in front of Grizz and wraps his arms around the jock, softly stroking and swaying him. He lays his head on the jocks' shoulder and begins to whisper. 

"Grizz calm down. Everything will be alright." Sam softly takes Grizz's face in his hands that the jock looks at him. 

"Okay, now you breath in until I count to 4. Then you hold your breath until I count to 6. And then you breath out until I count to 8 okay?" 

Sam starts counting and after a few repetitions, Grizz is able to breath normal again. 

"Thank you..." he whispers and wipes away a tear.