Reflection

3rd person POV

It's been a few weeks since the spin the bottle game and (Y/n) was in his room thinking about what's happened the past month and how much has changed. During this time he also started thinking of home and the things he had. Truth be told, he missed his old life. Sure he enjoyed staying in the mansion, but he wishes he could go back sometimes. He lost his mother when he was 15 due to an IMC attack and (Y/n) vowed to become a pilot and avenge her. He trained like hell to join the militia and was able to join as soon as he turned 18. Fighting the IMC was his only goal in life, and now that was taken away for a more quiet life. He missed his friends: Major Anderson, everyone in the 6-4, hell he was even on friendly terms with Commander Briggs herself. He never told anyone, but he secretly had a crush on Gates, and was planning to ask her out once the mission on Typhon was completed, but now he'd never get the chance. (Y/n) decided to take a walk to clear his head.

He walked out the door and was greeted by BT. "Pilot, you seem to be in a state of depression. Is everything alright", he asked with concern in his computerized voice, which was rather strange since (Y/n) had never heard this before. He didn't think it was possible since vanguard titans were specifically designed not to have emotions for combat effectiveness.

"Yeah I'm ok. Just thinking of home and what we've left behind", he replied. "I think of this sometimes too", BT said. "Without any IMC to fight here, I feel as if I have no purpose because I was designed for war." "I feel the same. I joined the Militia to avenge my mother after she was killed by the IMC. It's all I've been focused on for 8 years now." BT knew this was true, but he suspected there was another reason, but one he didn't quite understand so he decided to ask (Y/n) about it.

"Do you also miss our universe because you seemed to be in love with Gates?"

BT found this out rather quickly. He would detect (Y/n)'s heart rate increase when he was around gates. At first he thought he was afraid of her, but then saw the huge amounts of oxytocin in his brain being released, the #1 sign of being in love.

"Y-Yea... H-how'd you know?", (Y/n) asked. "I can detect all of your bodily functions, including brain chemicals and changes in heart rate and blood pressure. It was not that hard to figure out." (Y/n) swore BT would be smirking right now if he had a face.

"(Y/n), I do not know much about human love, or how it feels, but I do know if someone a human is in love with is taken away, they tend to fall into a state of depression. It seems to be rather common among humans. Is that why you miss our universe the most?" (Y/n) simply nodded his head.

"Yeah", (Y/n) said quietly. I also miss dad. He didn't deserve what happened to him." "No he did not", BT said. "Your father wanted to see the IMC fall to avenge (M/n), but it resulted in the death of himself. We did save harmony and the frontier with the completion of special operation 217, however. I'm sure they would both be proud of you." (Y/n) felt better now, knowing his parents are both proud of him, wherever they are.

"I've heard that looking at the past in photos and videos helps in times like these. Would you like me to play you a video of your father and I teaching new pilots how to do a fastball?" (Y/n) remembered that day and how hilarious it was. "Sure, why not?" the 2 sat down next to each other and BT's optic lit up, showing a screen with a video playing in front of him and (Y/n).

In video:

The camera was showing Captain Lastimosa and BT in front of newbie pilots and their newly assaigned titans in a forest just outside Angel City. One with a scorch, one with and ion, one with a northstar, and one unlucky pilot who had to be assigned with one of the old titan chassis, an atlas. (Y/n) was holding the camera, recording the whole thing.

"Alright kiddos, today we're learning one of my favorite techniques: the fastball. The pilot with the ion titan spoke up: Sir, that sounds dangerous. Are you sure it's safe?" "Oh yeah it's totally fine. me and BT do it all the time", Lastimosa replied. "Observe."

BT picked up Lastimosa and calculated how to throw him. After a few seconds, BT threw Lastimosa into a nearby tree, landing perfectly on a branch. The atlas titan spoke up in a deep voice similar to scorch's voice, slightly higher pitched: Sir, what are the odds of an injury sustained to the pilot?" BT spoke up this time. "That depends on the distance of the throw. It is relatively safe with a 63 percent chance of a successful throw at first, but at ranges of over 500 meters, the odds are cut down to 50%". Lastimosa climbed down the tree and walked back over to the group.

"Now it's you turn, newbies. Your titans will all throw you to the same tree that I landed in. Got it?" The young pilots nodded nervously, fear washing over them. Three of them managed to get to the tree successfully, however the atlas titan, not having an AI as advanced as the new titans, miscalculated the jump and ended up throwing his pilot a nearby bee hive, having said pilot being swarmed by bees and yelling "GET "EM OFF GET 'EM OFF GET 'EM OFF!" over and over. the other pilots landed in the tree just fine but had expressions of pure shock and fear all over their faces and probably needed a new change of pants. The camera was shaking quite a bit as (Y/n) and his father could be heard laughing their asses off. (Y/n) was still laughing while Lastimosa managed to compose himself and dismiss lessons for the day adding a "and get some new pants while you're at it", chuckling as the video cuts off.

*End of video*

(Y/n) in real life was laughing at the video, reliving one of his favorite memories. BT was quite amused as well, though he wasn't laughing. "Thanks BT. I needed that", (Y/n) said after he stopped laughing. "No problem pilot. I'm always here if you need to talk", BT said as the two fist bumped. They sat out in front of the mansion  for a few more minutes in comfortable silence until Angel opened the door invited (Y/n) in for a movie night. (Y/n) went inside, feeling a lot better and with a new sense of hope that he can have a good life here in this new universe. Even though he wasn't fighting to protect his home anymore as he promised himself, he figured a quiet life wouldn't really be all that bad.

Look at that, a chapter without a cliffhanger for once. I figured I was neglecting BT in the story a litte, so I decided to give him his own chapter with (Y/n). I'm now back from my camping trip and I probably would've written a little if I was allowed to bring my phone, but I wasn't. I think I needed the break from technology though and it was very refreshing actually, but it's good to be back and writing again. See you all in the next chapter.