Home Again

3rd person POV

It was a normal day in Angel City. People were out and about without a care in the world. They felt like they had no worry under the protection and supervision of the IMC. Cut to a closed off alley and we see a Militia pilot pop out of seemingly nowhere. (Y/n). He walks out into the open and is given a few glances by bystanders and some even whisper something under their breath. Confused the pilot looks around and sees all the wanted signs for Militia pilots. Briggs, Barker, Macallan, all for crazy high bounties. He even sees himself in his pilot helmet on one of the signs. He's not too surprised, considering he was pretty much responsible for the destruction of an entire IMC controlled planet. However one specific detail about the poster catches him off guard.

The deceased mark over his picture.

They must've thought he was killed in the forest by Blisk and Lionheart. That's why he was being looked at funny. No time to ponder on that right now. He wandered around the city looking for a way into the forest. Before he could get very far, however, he was stopped by an IMC fire squad who came out from behind a building.

"Drop your weapon and put your hands where I can see them!", one shouted. He was in much bulkier armor than the rest and seemed to be the leader. Most likely a shield captain. (Y/n) complied wanting to catch them off guard when they least expected it.

"I have no idea how the hell you're alive but we're gonna get a fine raise for bringing you in", the shield captin said cheekily. (Y/n) grinned under his helmet. He quickly grabbed the wingman elite from the holster on his hip and shot all of the grunts and the captain dead before they even had a chance to react. The gunshots alerted all of the civilians nearby and they started running for dear life. Friendly chatter and conversation turning into screams of pure terror.

(Y/n) didn't mind though. He spotted an IMC headquarters nearby and grappled up to the rooftop. He found a window and rappelled into it just like last time. it was a relatively small building so he found the main computer easily, killing any grunts along the way with ease. After searching through it he found the exact location of the Draconis in the forest. He made his way out of the building he heard General Marder's voice over P.A systems all over the city.

"Citezens of Angel City, the infamous pilot know as (Y/n) Lastimosa has been confirmed to be alive and well in the city, and is killing our brave IMC soldiers. If you have any information on his whereabouts please report to any IMC forces near by. Thank you for your co-operation."

Shit. Now he's gonna have to be more subtle about this. Luckily the Draconis isn't that far. He hears someone walking around the corner and immediately activates his cloak. Luckily it's just some civilians. (Y/n) manages to make it to a safe place along the wall separating the city form the forest that isn't too far off from where he's supposed to go. He uses his grapple to get over the wall but accidentally sets off the motion sensors on the wall and an alarm goes off. 'Shit.'

He immediately high tails it into the forest and towards his destination. He suddenly hears gunfire and sees the bullets whizzing by his head, grunts yelling to not let him reach the Draconis. These guys really can't aim for shit (sorta like another kind of soldier in white armor).

(Y/n) grapples onto a tree branch and cloaks, effectively bamboozling the grunts in pursuit of him. They try to locate him in the treetops but it's all for naught. He jumps down and lays down a satchel he found at the makeshift base that was once the mansion, and detonates it, instantly killing all of the grunts at once. The Draconis isn't too far away, less than 2 miles. The trek is fast and before (Y/n) knows it, he sees the Draconis. It seems to be heavily guarded and grunts are patrolling the perimeter. He just needs to find a way in.

He silently waited until all but 2 guards from the front entrance were gone. He activated his cloak and quietly snuck up behind them. (Y/n) grabbed his data knife and slit one guard's throat and pulled it out only to throw it in the other guard's face right between the eyes before he had a chance to react.

After hiding the bodies in a nearby bush he goes into the Draconis. (Y/n) wanders between hallways that seem like an endless maze. Left and right, over and over again for what feels like forever. Finally he comes across a map. His saving grace. Upon studying it he sees the containment cells are not too far from his current location. Just 2 hallways down. Without caring for alerting anyone nearby he makes a beeline for the cells. He's almost there. As he turns the corner (Y/n) finds the last people he wanted to see. Blisk and Lionheart with several armed grunts behind them. 

'Oh fuck', (Y/n) thought to himself. Blisk speaks with a hint of venom in his voice and a bit of suprise in his South African accent.

"Well, well, well. You just don't know when to die do ya?" He chuckles.

"I would be pissed off, but honestly, I'm just impressed. I never expected you to make it this far. You're just like your old man. Fighting to the end, no matter the costs."

"Enough.", You said. 

"Where are they?"

"Who? Those freaks that were flyin' around in those suits? Eh, they're just fine. We're just running tests on them to see if we can use their blood n' stuff for medicine and what not. We're even trying to find ways to turn them to our side. And your titan? Well we're trying to copy down his mechanics, wiring and stuff like that to be able to make our own vangaurd usin' the materials we'll have after we drain that new world you found." This pissed (Y/n) off to no end. He pulled out his R-201.

"Woah, now. Don't wanna get too hasty now, don't we? You're looking pretty outnumbered, mate.", Blisk smirked. (Y/n) finally too a good look at the sheer number of grunts .They could easily gun him down within a matter of seconds. All Blisk had to do was say the word. Lionheart butted in before he could say anything.

"Let me take him this time."

A/N: Alright, alright, calm down. Before you throw the rotten eggs and rocks at me, I know how long it's been since the last update. Sorry about that. You don't really get that much time to write when you have to program a text-based game from scratch in just 2 months along with several other projects to do. I'll try to update more often and hopefully even finish this book before by sophomore year. Thank you all for sticking with this book for so long and getting to 15k reads. That's fucking nuts. However I can't promise when the next update is gonna be because apparently the game wasn't good enough  because now I have to do summer school for the next 2 weeks, so that's gonna be fun. Stay tuned, however. As a wise man once said:

"We're in the endgame now."