❁7❁

The next day Oli and Elissa's relationship was back to normal. They hugged and gossiped and made plans for the weekend like nothing had ever happened. In the back of Oli's mind though he still had a weird feeling....like something with Elissa was still slightly off. He chose to ignore it.

He went to the library alone again this morning, and this time Josh didn't show up to annoy him. He left his backpack on the same table as at yesterday as he went searching the shelves for a book to read. He scanned the many bright covers of the library books until he came across one of his favourite books of all time: "Elenor and Park" by Rainbow Rowell. He pulled the book off the shelf and smiled down at it. He sat down on a random chair and began to read, lost in the star-crossed teenage love tale.

"What are the chances you'd ever meet someone like that? he wondered. Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back? And what did you do when that person was born half a world away? The math seemed impossible."

Oli smiled down at the words as his mind wandered to his own love story. Would he ever find someone who loved him forever? Where was that person now? Did he already know them? What if they lived on the other side of the world to him?

The school bell rang out loudly through the otherwise silent room. He slotted the book back onto the shelf before making his way back over to where he left his backpack.

Oddly enough, when he looked down at his bag he noticed something was caught in the zip. Confused, he opened up his backpack wider and gasped in shock when he noticed that there was a pink envelope in his bag. Huh, that wasn't there before, he thought.

He looked around him and frowned. No one else was in the library but him and he would have heard if someone came in, wouldn't he? Also, how did the person know he would be in the library or where he would have left his bag?

He shrugged away his thoughts and opened up the envelope. He pulled out the piece of paper, watching as two small objects fell out. He looked down at the things that were once lodge in the letter but were now on the table. They were earrings.

One of them was a dangly pink teddy bear with a small blue bow, whereas the other was a blue teddy bear with a pink bow. He smiled at how cute they were before slipping them into the piercings of his ears.

He then unfolded the letter and read the simple line written there over and over again.

Almost as cute as you x

They had put a kiss on the end this time. A kiss. Did that mean anything? He wants exactly sure. What if it did though? He blushed at how cute it was that someone had written a tiny little kiss at the end of a sentence, knowing Oli would read it.

He slotted the paper back into the pink envelope, not failing to notice the waft of men's aftershave that came off the page as he did. That particular scent had recently become his favourite.

He chucked his backpack over his shoulder and exited the library with a smile on his face and a faint blush. He could feel the small dangly teddy bears bashing lightly against the skin of his neck. It tickled slightly but in a good way. He could get use to this.

Chapters are going to be slightly shorter from now on but more frequent, just so that I can find time to update this story without having to make the chapters 2000 like I do on my other two