Like Serpents

A/N: Just a heads up guys, this chapter, while not inherently explicit in it's language, is definitely inferred to be pretty NSFW. Enjoy and let me know what ya think ;)

 I found it. The release to that ache, that wanting, that need. And it was right here, all along. Who knew?

His lips crashed against mine with such a desperation that each heavy inhale through his nose, held the precursor to a cry. The callouses of his hands were focal points where an outcropping of goosebumps spread outwards across my flesh and down my body, from where they cupped either side of my jaw.

There was a smirk upon my lips, just peeking through the wanton kisses, as he pulled me closer. I could feel the presence of both of us, bracing and breaching against the fabric of our clothing, it dared to break us free from these cloth shackles with just a simple flex of muscle.

I was here, in the now, but simultaneously on some form of autopilot that I didn't know I'd had before. I knew what to do, as clumsy as my adrenaline-filled fingers belied, clutching pathetically at the hem of Aramis' shirt fiddling with the tiny plastic buttons.

I knew what to do, as my skin sprouted another wave of goosebumps where gentle, and practised hands pulled my shirt from my torso. My instinct was to cover up then; folding one hand across my chest as it reached for the opposing arm, while my eyes met the floor. Some imagined dignity threatened to spill out; prickling venom just beneath my spine, as I awaited a chuckle, an insult, a judgement, as the eyes that beat any stars lay upon me, unprotected, for the first time. Instead I found a guiding finger beneath my chin. A thumb brushing across my bottom lip, and a gentle smile that did nothing to dampen the excitement glittering in those muddy pools of his.

Aramis pulled me close, our bare chests pleasantly strange in their softness as my hands latched onto his shoulder blades and my nose buried into the crook of his neck. I felt his hands wander down my back, each brush of a fingertip; arced like lightening. Each register of his ring finger, calling a small shudder from within me.

I was led to the bed next, unable to squash the nerves in me that seemed at war with the giddy excitement. He pulled me horizontal as we lay next to each other. I heard the dull thuds of his shoes hit the floor, and I followed suit, kicking them off as I wriggled myself closer once more, eager to close the gap, and replenish this addictive heat that was rapidly dissipating between us. He allowed me, rather cruelly, only so much. Keeping me on my back, as he scooted closer, a hand on my jaw while we kissed that slowly began to snake its way south.

The warmth of that hand was enough to spark the world anew as I found myself arching my back into it, a sheepish moan whimpering between our mouths when it reached the button of my jeans. His lips carved patterns on my chin, along my jaw, and splendidly indulgent upon my neck and collar bone, while dexterous fingers released my lower half with a pop of a button; unashamed about snaking their way beneath the waist band of my underwear.

My fingertips left tails of fire, the colour of ice, along the curvature of his back as they desperately glided for more, greedy contact, and I could feel the pleased curl of his smile at my neck while a firm hand gripped my hip and pulled me closer. His form slipping between my legs with such a smoothness to the touch, it dare not speak to the word of friction, the skin there cursing itself with ravenous gluttony for not feeling such contact sooner.

I was almost afraid to open my eyes and look. But I did.

He was there still, a moment caught in time, encompassed by the strength of his arms while he looked down upon my face with a reverence that caused my unworthy heart to flutter. His movements were slow, as he reached a hand to stroke the side of my face before he stooped low and pressed his lips to mine, where I devoured every. Single. Breath.

We writhed like serpents, coiled and bound to one another in a primal rhythm that shook the earth around me. It ached, like too much of a stretch, but there was a sweetness to this pain like the fulfilment of a once seemingly boundless hunger I didn't know I had. A sting, a pinch, to remind you that it is not a dream.

I was unravelled and put back together in the culmination of a million spiralling galaxies, igniting like the celestial bodies we had pondered over since there was time to ponder. I reached and stretched like flowers and vines, grasping towards the sun, and the sun was Aramis.

We were one and the same. A myriad of fleshy shapes, silhouetted against the black satin, wriggling within the throes of one another. Speaking a language, screaming it, dancing like the unfurling petals of a flower bursting into bloom. Unashamed in the loudness of its colours.

So we held each other then. I was clutched to him and he to me, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. No matter how out of breath I was: I couldn't stop smiling. Especially as our fingers intertwined with one another. The bite of the air did nothing to steal the afterglow from either of us, as the sound of our breathing was our music.

"You..." Aramis started, breaking up his breath. I immediately felt a sting beneath my cheeks at the redness of what he could possibly mean.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" I answered, retreating my hand a little into my chest as if his words couldn't rip me apart in this instant. He rolled onto his back laughing, causing me to scowl as I poked at his ribs.

"Ow-- Hey! Don't. I'm ticklish." He ordered, his expression immediately dropping somewhat as if he had just relinquished some sacred power over him, and he had as my own expression turned somewhat triumphant and devilish. I immediately began the assault, causing him to scrunch his body inwards in barrels of laughing protests.

In an instant he had rolled us over, pinning my wrists above my head. There was that look again as our eyes met. His pupils seemed bigger than before, twinkling at the edges, as they creased at the sides. Time seemed to catch somewhat here. I couldn't tell if it was lodged in my throat as bated breath, or as static in the air. Both seemed equally charged as I felt his grip relax. My mouth was very dry in this moment, my tongue thick behind my teeth as I felt my heart begin to pump somewhat heavier than the activity before.

"I--"

"I love you" I cut him off, immediately choking somewhat on my tongue. My chest was bursting. Opening up like it was threatening to ignite the very air around us. I wasn't sure I wanted his reply. Except that I most definitely did. I wanted him to say it back. No. I wanted to take the words back. I shouldn't have cut him off like that, he was probably going to say that he was going to get a glass of water, and here I am about to have my heart shattered. It prickled my insides like knives jabbing outwards into my sides, and all the right places, priming themselves to hurt the most.

"You beat me to it." His voice rang, shattering the dishevelled screaming of my own mind almost instantly. The knives turned to grass.

"Really? You mean it? Because it's okay if you don't." It most certainly was not. "We've only known each other like, what, a month? A little over? I'd totally understand, honest. You can tell me to shut up any time now, especially because of how okay with you not loving me back I am, which is totally fine. Honest, it really is--"

"Avery..." He cut me off, tilting my head with his hand so that I had no choice but to look in his eyes. "I--"

"Yes?" I cut off once again. To which he chuckled, fastening the palm of his hand over my mouth, leaving just my eyes to worriedly search his for any hint of a lie, any tell tale sign of dishonesty. Why am I doing this?

"I love you."

A/N: Yikes I did it. I wasn't too sure on whether to be "upfront" and plain with the language, but ya'll know I like that poetic symbolism a bit too much one might say. Let me know what you think, and maybe, if there is to be another sex scene, it'll be more... Honest in the words lol. Thanks for reading ^,..,^