Best F*cking Friends - Jake Kiszka

It doesn't matter if he's single or taken, whatever happens in Jake's life, something that makes him happy, proud, angry, frustrated... it doesn't matter, it's in my bed he ends up. I'm the one he comes to when he needs to talk, to cry, to scream, to fuck. The latter started on prom night.

Jake and I have been friends pretty much since we started high school. We were very close and filled with trust and fondness towards each other. And, well, there was sexual tension too. We've never noticed until prom, though, or at least we pretended not to. But everyone else had. Those who didn't think we were dating already, were sure we would someday.

That being said, it was a surprise when we showed up separately at prom. Jake came with Kate, "the hottest girl in school", as every boy used to say. I went with Peter, a jerk, but cute as fuck. Needless to say, I was having a horrible time.

At some point, Peter left me to join his equally jerk friends. I was alone, leaning against a wall, a cup filled with non alcoholic drink in hand and angry eyes burning Peter alive.

"Having fun?" I was so focused on hating my date I didn't notice Jake stopping beside me.

"I hate Peter." He laughed. I tried to keep the angry facade when I turned to him, but it was impossible not to laugh along.

"I told you not to come with him."

"What was I supposed to do? If you had asked me I wouldn't have to deal with this." My finger pointed determinedly to his chest.

"Come on, Y/N. Kate Bennett wanted me to ask her. That's the opportunity of a lifetime."

"What are you doing here chatting with me, then?"

"She's an asshole." I laughed so loud a few people turned to see what was going on. We stood there for a minute, laughing together, sharing the moment.

"We're a pair of losers, Jake." He nodded. We stood in absolute silence for a moment, both of us leaning on the wall, watching everyone else have fun.

"Do you wanna get out of here." When I faced him to see if he was being serious, he was looking at me with a mischievous grin. He looked so beautiful in that moment, I would do anything he'd ask.

"Now?"

"Now. Without telling anyone, just leave the two idiots here."

I turned my attention back to the dancefloor, thinking about the possibilities. Jake wanted to leave with me. He was saying he'd leave Kate Bennett behind so he could enjoy the rest of his night with me. I grabbed his hand and murmured a "let's go". He intertwined our fingers and led me to the exit.

As soon as the cold wind outside slapped us on the face, we laughed out loud. "We're free, Jakey!" I yelled happily.

"Come on." He took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders, taking my hand back so we could walk together to his car.

"What about Josh? He was going home with you, right?" I asked, after we entered the car.

"Wrong. Emily is taking him home."

"Uh, how modern."

There was this moment of silence. We just stood there, sitting in his car, in the parking lot, without saying a word.

"Y/N, can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I moved on my seat so I could face him.

"Were you planning on sleeping with Peter
tonight?" I had to laugh at that.

"Jesus Christ, Jake, of course not. I'm a fucking virgin, do you really think I would let Peter deflower me? Peter of all people?"

"We never know." I just shook my head. "I was kind of planning on sleeping with Kate, you know?"