Muse - Danny Wagner

From her desk in the nearly empty classroom, Y/N has a perfect view of the large windows. The rain is pouring outside and the sound of it, combined with the calming vision of the water running lazily down the glass, make her eyelids feel heavy.

Slowly, the place begins to get filled with people and sounds. Y/N moves her focus to the door, trying to pay attention to every single person who enters the room, making notes about their hair, expressions, clothes, all in an attempt to stay awake.

From behind a red haired girl, who's almost completely covered by a huge black coat, Y/N sees him. Maybe the whole change of focus was meant for her to stay awake, but deep down she truly wanted to see him.

She likes watching as he gets in, always talking and smiling with his friends. She loves that smile. She takes her bag from the ground and rummage until she feels the leather cover of her black notebook. On the fourth page, she finds the unfinished drawing and patiently waits for him to sit down.

It'd started with his hair. When she first saw Daniel entering the room for their Literature class, that was the first thing to catch her attention. It was his whole style on the first day, but the very first thing was the wild black hair cascading down his shoulders.

He was tall, strong, judging by his defined biceps, and handsome. There was a lot of guys at uni that would match this first description, but none of them had a hair like that. Down his neck was a simple black shirt and, down his waist, a pair of old jeans, basic if it wasn't for the necklaces hanging above the black fabric, the bracelets around his wrists and the rings on his fingers. As he started to climb his way to an empty desk, she saw the pair of birkenstocks on his feet. That made her smile.

She had her notebook open in front of her, the blank page begging to be inked. Without much thinking, she quickly drew a generic shape of a head and put her heart and soul into making his hair perfect, with all of its curls and wildness.

Then, it was his smile. He had the sweetest smile she had ever seen in her life, which, in her opinion, was a beautiful contrast to his body. She would never expect a guy as hot as him to have a sweet smile like that, it seemed wrong, but also very right.

His lips led her to the eyes, which seemed to smile as well. They were also warm, safe eyes. His long lashes and thick eyebrows worked together in perfect harmony and were great for drawing.

She's working on the nose now and the vision she has of it from her desk is amazing. She loves that nose, the way it makes his face so unique. Her favorite thing about it is the few freckles at the bridge, which just adds up to his cuteness.

She takes her time drawing him, not only because she wants everything to be perfect, but she also has to be discreet. Drawing him is like a game, she has to look at him all the time, absorb everything without getting caught. She keeps hiding her looks and the notebook, so no one will see the masterpiece she's creating. She doesn't want anyone thinking she's a creepy, especially him.

By the time the nose is finished, she takes one more look at her muse. The professor in front of the class has his full attention, he bites his lip and brings his eyebrows together before looking down and taking some notes. She smiles to herself, passing out moments after.

A hand on her shoulder takes her out of her dream. Startle, she looks up to find Daniel by her side, tall as a tower, intimidating if it wasn't for the small smile his lips were forming.

"Class is over," he says in a sweet tone. She can still feel the warmth of his hand, even though he's not touching her anymore.

"Thank you," she replies, looking around to see almost everyone else is gone. Forgetting about the notebook still open on the desk, she moves her body away to take her bag, providing Danny a glorious view of her art.