.seventeen

I...

I don't understand...

~

Staying with James had been amazing and Cyan never wanted to leave. There were dinners every night, warm beds with thick blankets to sleep in and his mother was so much happier than he had ever seen her. He had even ended up getting his surprise, a large black stuffed bear with an intricately designed bow tied around his neck. Cyan never really had a stuffed animal before so the look of excitement on his face had ended up making both James and his mom smile.

Weeks on end the paradise hadn't ended. Cyan wasn't particularly sure where James worked but he usually left the house in a business suit and didn't come back until night. Cyan's mom had told him that he worked in a business that paid him very well, and yet, not still didn't answer his question, so he didn't bother asking anymore. As long as they got to stay here and reap the benefits of his money, Cyan was okay with it. He loved it here.

Except...

One night made him uncomfortable...

He had been put to bed around nine, just like every other night and had fallen asleep per usual. It was hours later, in the middle of the night, that Cyan had awoken to a dry feeling in his throat. It was an easy enough fix and climbing out of the bed with his bear. he headed down the hall to the kitchen.

"Is he asleep?" He heard James say, stopping in his tracks to look around the corner. His mom looked exhausted, running her hand through her hair and nodding.

"He should be. Listen, James, we have to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about Victoria." He grabbed the woman by her wrist and pulled her close to him with barely any space for her to move. "I fucking saved you but if you can't do something so simple then I can easily throw you and Cyan back in the filth that you're accustomed to."

Victoria didn't say anything after that, a sad and pained look clouding her eyes and James ran a hand up through her hair. "I thought so." He thought for a moment, a short silence filling the air before he spoke again.

"I want the boy."

As soon as he had said that, his mom's eyes became fearful and alert, grabbing onto his arm and shaking her head quickly. "James, no, please. Not Cyrus. Never Cyrus." Cyan couldn't understand what was going on, confused at the scene going on in front of him. He sat down on the ground, hugging the bear that he had been given and continued to watch the scene unfold. He almost cried out at the sight of James striking his mother, sending her on the ground in a choked up mess. James kneeled to her, grabbing her by her hair and pulling her face up to look at him.

"I wonder...how he'd feel around me. I wonder if he'd squirm, young ones never really understand what's going on until they get a bit older. He'd probably cry...call out for you maybe but, I'd make sure that you won't be able to come."

"Please." She breathed out, tears forming in her eyes.

James just smiled. "I'll make him bleed. I'll listen to him scream until his little voice is raw and he has no choice but to lay there, sob, and take it. Better yet, I'll make you watch as I'm doing it. Would you like that Victoria?"

The woman shook her head hurriedly, only to be thrown back to the ground and James straightened himself back up. "Then do something about it whore." He sneered.