Chapter:12

Daivat and I stayed in the house where he knew I would be safe. I was curled up to him in the basement den that they don't tell anyone about. I was about to doze off when a set of quick footfalls woke me up. Ulric came down the stairs. We found him and caught him. He's in the cells." He said coming over to behind me.

He stroked my face once before leaning on the back. "Kedar will be here in a moment. Her mate is already asking to see her." He said. "Ok. We'll go once Kedar gets here." Daivat said to Ulric. "Who's going to keep an eye on her?" Ulric asked. "I want to go with you." I told them. "Are you sure?" Ulric asked. "Yeah. I want to go with you three." I told them. "Ok. We'll take you with us. It is cold down there." Ulric said.

I nodded. "Come on. Let's go get some warmer clothes on." Daivat said. He stood up with me and led the way. Ulric followed. Daivat held out a pair of jeans and a sweater. I took them and put them on. Then found some shoes just as Kedar entered the bedroom. "Ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah. She's going with us." Ulric said.

Kedar didn't question it. "I'll stand by her." He said. "I will too." Daivat said. Ulric started walking. Kedar held out his hand. I took it. He kissed my temple. Then led the way out behind Ulric. Daivat followed behind us. Their pack can tell that I'm not their true mate. They could tell when they were rejected.

I can still feel the rejection every day even after being marked and mated by them. It's not strong anymore, it's light enough that I can do everyday life and love them at the same time. We exited their house and walked along the path to a concrete building. It was maybe twenty feet by twenty feet. Ulric opened the door and walked in. Daivat held the door open for us to enter then closed it behind us.

One of the guards were waiting for us. He led the way down. I was between Kedar and Daivat. They both stayed close to me. Ulric was right. It was cold down here. Another guard came up behind Daivat. Both he and Kedar kept me close to their bodies. Ulric went to the very end where another guard was.

The guard that was at the cell moved over. Kedar kept his hold on my hand. Daivat wrapped an arm around my waist. They both were able to hide me thanks to their body sizes. I watched as Ulric stepped up to the cell door. I could barely smell him now. The triplets' scents were stronger than his. I have not seen him since two weeks before I left.

He was in a horrible state. I moved closer behind Kedar. He squeezed my hand. "I know she's there." "You will not be able to talk to her unless she wants to talk to you. You crossed borders and lost your rights." Ulric told him. He growled. Ulric did nothing. My ex mate lunged for the door. The chains on him held him back. He kept trying and trying.

He didn't scare me with my three around. When he grew tired Ulric crouched down to sitting on his heels. "Why don't you go back to the one you chose to mark and mate." Ulric said. My ex mate growled. "She's not mine." He growled. "Then you should have thought about that before you rejected your true mate and went with her. You broke up two couples. It's her fault too. She rejected us. You two still wanted to be together when the council decided to let us take her as our mate. You should have thought about it before the council was involved." Ulric said.

Daivat started moving me. Kedar followed. The beta was waiting for what Ulric was going to say. "Send him back to his pack under lock. He will be tracked. First time he steps foot out of that territory, he's dead." Ulric said. "Yes sir." The conversation was fading as we went up the stairs. Ulric met us back at the house. He picked me up and put me against the wall.

His lips smashed onto mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tugged at his hair. He put nearly all of his weight into me on the wall. His frustration was melting away. One of the other brothers slipped in behind me. He started on my neck. The third one came to the side of my neck where the other wasn't. Ulric stopped and rested his forehead against mine.

I looked at his face the best I could. He kissed my forehead. "The counsel may see if he will treat her right." Kedar said. "She's not being taken from us. He lost his chance." Ulric said. "Only if they see fit." Kedar said. "They won't take her if she's already bearing our pups." Ulric said.

"He's right. They won't send her back to be with him if she's pregnant or has already given birth to our pups." Daivat said. Kedar felt stiff where he stood. "What do you want Inslie?" Kedar asked. "I want to stay with you three. He's too out of it to know what he's doing." I said. Ulric picked me up just before someone knocked on the front door.

Kedar answered it. He said something before closing the door hard. "Counsel will be here next week to discuss it all. If she wants to stay, she does have to be carrying our pups." He said. Ulric carried me up to the bedroom. I was out of my clothes in seconds and had two pounding into me while the third had my lips on his.