Epilogue

The aftermath of the team rescuing me had been... hectic to say the least. Remmy had been captured and was now spending the rest of his miserable days in a high-security cell on The Raft. His associates had all been captured, killed, or had disappeared without a trace. Shuri had managed to remove the chip which repressed my powers. She had also healed all my injuries sustained during my stay in Paris. Shield had taken custody of Chase and Anton. Everyone who had been captured had been reunited with their families or were helped to start a new life. As for me, I officially joined the Avengers, continue to write, and enjoy a quiet life. Well mostly quiet...

"Bucky, what's going on? Where are we going?" I giggled as Bucky slowly guided me forward since I couldn't see anything from under the blindfold.

"You'll see," is his only reply. "Alright and stop. Take the blindfold off."

I whip the fabric off to find all our friends and family on the rooftop relaxation area of the compound. "Surprise!" they yell in unison.

"Happy anniversary sweetheart," Bucky whispers in my ear, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Happy anniversary Bucky," I whisper back before pulling him down for a sweet kiss to the cheers of our loved ones.