Afterword

Beckendorf was grateful to the British officers. Even after the crown signed away the freedom of the skates eho had fought on their side, several British officers allowed the men to go free. Beckendorf fled along with Silena up to Canada where they had a chance at a new life — one where they could be free and together.

     The Cherokee surrendered before the British. Like many Native American tribes, they suffered after the colonists won their independence and began pressing westward with an insatiable appetite for land and wealth. Today, Native American land is only a tiny sliver of what it once was. Native American nations are semi-autonomous, and the federal government often neglects reservations, leading to high poverty and mortality rates on many of them.

      Piper and Jason moved to Canada to be close to Silena and Beckendorf. Canada was less settled than America back then and they bought a farm and raised a family. It was a quiet life, and one both of them enjoyed.

      Calypso never forgot about Odysseus, but she was able to move on. She ended up marrying Leo and he became a blacksmith in New York. The two of them eventually moved to a small island called Ogygia where they spent the rest of their years in quiet contentment. They had no children, but they adopted a dog named Festus.

     Luke's wish came true. Annabeth and Percy eventually fell in love and married after the war. The Continental Congress did not pay the soldiers their promised land quickly and eventually, the two saved up enough money to purchase their own plot of land in Pennsylvania. They had three children.

      Nico never returned home despite the ads Hades posted in newspapers. Eventually, Hades came to believe that his only son had died. Persephone helped Hazel find a suitable husband: a soldier named Frank who had fought bravely in the Revolutionary War. The two of them moved to Delaware and Frank became a militiaman. He later was called upon for the Whiskey Rebellion. Frank and Hazel had twelve
      Nico moved to Paris to be with Will instead of returning home. There, the two men felt safer. When the French Revolution began, the two fled to Belgium. They later returned once Napoleon assumed power and fought in the Napoleonic wars. They both survived the invasion of Russia and then retired from military service. Although they were never able to marry, the two became steadfast lovers.

Reyna was not forgotten by history. Although the British had lost the war, she was commended for her bravery. Reyna settled down on a large estate in Suffolk and later was named "Dame Reyna" for her bravery during the war and her subsequent daring exploits, which included saving two members of Parliament from an armed maniac named Caligula. Reyna continued to follow politics and though she was never able to run for office, she corresponded with and lobbied politicians. She died a wealthy woman in 1856.