The scent of the mate

"Damn it, I can not believe I over slept! I am going to be late for school!" She yelled at herself, grabbing some clothes and bolting for the bathroom. Quickly hopping in, washing her hair and body, and then covering herself with a towel. She walked into her room, drying off as she went. Sighing loudly, she slid her cloths on, walking in front of the mirror. After brushing her hair out, she put some light make up on to match her short black shorts and pink tank top. "Alright, put my necklace on, then I will be all set to go." She mumbled, taking a last glance in the mirror, before going to make her bed neatly. Her plans for the school day are the same as always; go, stay to herself, do her school work, and ignore everyone, aside from her only friend. Everyone else In the school, tends to bully her and beat up on her. Honestly, she could fight back, but she chose not to. It would only cause more problems.

       Grabbing her bag, she ran down stairs, where her parents where cooking breakfast. "Mmmmm...... something smells good!" She exclaimed rather loudly. Her mom turned to look at her, smiling. "Good morning darling, we are having eggs, bacon and grits for breakfast." She cooed sweetly. We smiled at each other, sitting at the table to fix our plates. After a few minutes of gobbling it down, she kissed her moms cheek, running out the door to her car to head to school. Turning the radio up, she jammed to the music that blasted through the speakers, while riding down the road. Music has always been her go to when she needed to calm down. It's like she became a fanatic about it. Everyone talks about how your 'mate' calms you down, but she would prefer music over anything. Who needs a mate anyways? That just ties you down to one person, and have to obey their every command. She was not going to have that, since she takes command from no man, aside from the alpha, and she still has trouble then taking orders as well. Deep in her heart, she felt like she did not need to, like she was not meant to. A lot of times, she finds herself having to shake that feeling off, knowing one day, it will get her into trouble.

        Pulling into the school, the one she wanted to not be at, and parked in front of the school. 'Yes, finally, a close up spot.' She thought, as she grabbed her bag, stepping out the car. Looking around, everyone seemed to be staring at her, like normal. She sighed loudly, rolling her eyes, walking into school.  Of course, avoiding everyone. Opening her locker, she started switching out her books, not realizing someone was walking up behind her. "Good morning lil!" Lauren exclaimed loudly. Dropping everything she had pulled from her locker, she held back a scream and placed a hand over her heart, trying to calm herself down. She turned to Lauren and just stared before speaking. "You scared the crap out of me Lauren!" She exclaimed rather loudly. Lauren let out a small giggle, before cocking her head to the side. "What's wrong lil? Paranoid much?" She asked inquisitively. Liliana rolled her eyes. "No, not at all, I just don't like being snuck up on." She simply stated.

      Gathering her belongings from the floor, she stuck them in her bag, as her and Lauren made their way to class. The only lucky thing about school, is the two has every class together, so she didn't have to be by herself with all these pesky students in school. They made their way through the crowded halls, ignoring everyone we passed who made snide comments. Now and days, those comments never bothered me like they use to. Now, they go in one ear and out the other. All they ever get is an eye roll, which always tended to make them angrier. She actually found it rather funny. They rounded a corner, and stopped, coming face to face with the biggest slut in school. Chest WAters. 'Great, now I'm probably
going to be late.' She thought drastically. Cheesy just stood there, grinning like a idiot.

"Oh look guys, it's the pack loser! With her parents being awesome, they must be very disappointed!" Laughing from everywhere.

She just rolled her eyes. "Oh look, the pack slut! Ain't you got someone to please instead of pestering me?" She spoke with venom, her face going cold.

Gasps were heard throughout the hall, as Chessy stared at her, mouth agaped. Liliana rolled her eyes, as her and Lauren walked around her, and headed straight for class. Normally, when Chessy starts with her, she never says anything back, but she just didn't have the patience this morning. Her mood just seemed off and constantly switching. She chose to ignore it, since it did not seem to be anything important. "Hey lil, you do realize your birthday is next week right?" Lauren stated, as they took their seats in class. She frowned, her birthday was not something she cared to much about. "Yeah, what about it?" She asked quietly. Lauren frowned. 'Can't she be more excited? She will be getting to change to her wolf form!' Lauren thought to herself. "Are you not ready for it?" She asked quietly. She thought about it for a minute, then gave another eye roll. Yes, it's exciting to get my wolf and meet her, but that also meant meeting her 'mate' and that is not something she looked foward to. "Don't get me wrong, I am happy that I get to meet my wolf....." she trailed off. Lauren frowned once again. "But, there is a but?" She asked. Another sigh came out as Lilian got ready to respond. "I am not ready to meet my 'mate'." She trailed off again.

A response was not given since the bell rang, and class began. All throughout class, she stayed dazed, paying no attention to what the teacher was saying, having her own things to think about. Her parents and Lauren seemed to be excited about her upcoming birthday, her on the other hand, was dreading it. She was excited about getting to meet her wolf, she just didn't want the mate part to come along with it. Maybe she would get lucky and be one of those rare cases that ends up not having a mate, either that or he died at a young age. Knowing her luck though, it would not happen, which only made her feel like her birthday will suck even more.

The bell interrupted her from her thoughts. Looking up, she grabbed her things, along with Lauren, and headed to the next class. They day went by rather quickly, and it was now time for lunch. Her and Lauren made their way through the hallway and to the lunchroom. "Man lil, I am sooooo freakin hungry!" Lauren exclaimed from next to her. She nodded her head in agreement, as they walked through the doors to the cafeteria. As they were fixing to make their way to the line, Lilian completely froze. Lauren stopped and looked at her, waiting. "Um..... lil..... are you okay?" She asked worriedly. Instead of responding to her, she slightly sniffed the air, and glanced around frantically. That smell.... that smell of pine trees and.... pineapples? She glanced around until her eyes fell on one person....

OH DEAR LORD.....NO...... was her exact thought.

....................
Alright guys this is the first chapter. And of course my first book being posted on here, any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated. I like to hear people's thoughts

Also if you like it please tell me! Like I said it's a part of feedback. Each book I write I want to be an improvement compared to this one so help me out here! Lol

Thanks, and please make sure to vote 😊