Finding Love

Neville had been very insecure the past year. They were studying hard for their O.W.Ls, but he was struggling. Whenever he was nervous he couldn't pay attention in class. He was even starting to wonder why the sorting hat even decided to put him in Gryffindor. He was not brave.

Luna was starting to feel lonely. On the train everyone was laughing at her even more than usual, because she was telling Harry about the gnargles. Even Hermione had called her loony. Usually she just ignored it, but almost everyone had someone special at that point, except for her. She was just an outcast. She had started to notice that Neville seemed sad too. He was like her, in a way.

He was sitting under a tree in the courtyard, and she decided to go ask him what was wrong. "Hello Neville. Is everything okay?" she asked him softly.
"Well not really" he confessed.
"Why not, what's wrong?"
"I'm not going to pass my O.W.Ls and it's my fault. I'm always so nervous in class and I can never concentrate. I don't even belong in Gryffindor, I'm not brave and I never have been" he said submissively.
"You are brave Neville. I have seen you do so many brave things. Even Dumbledore gave you points for standing up to your friends"
"He only gave me points because he felt sorry for me."
"No he didn't. He has never done that before. You just need to believe in yourself Neville. You also have amazing friends, that's more than I have"
"Thanks Luna" he replied with a little more hope.

"Luna, you have seemed sad the last few weeks too."
"Yeah, it's just because I don't have any friends. No one likes me" she said calmly.
"That's not true, what about Harry?"
"He always just seems awkward around me. He only pretends to be my friend to be polite"
"I can't really talk for him, but I'm sure he really does want to be your friend"
"No he doesn't" she said sadly " No one truly likes me, no one ever has. Neville looked shocked.
"Well I do. I-I love you Luna" he said timidly. Luna hugged him, she finally had someone who cared for her. It was an unfamiliar feeling, but she liked it. She knew she loved Neville too.

A/N: Hey, I have started writing two new chapters. One should be up by the end of the week. If you have any requests, please comment.