Yes

James walked back to the common room after Lily rejected him. Again. No matter how he phrased it, she never wanted to go out with him. "She said no again?" Remus asked with a sigh.
"Yeah" James replied.
"Really? I wasn't expecting that" Sirius said sarcastically.
"Wouldn't it be pathetic if I asked again?" James said with concern.
"Yeah. You've already asked a million times, but a million and one is just pathetic" Sirius said with a roll of his eyes. "Let's go prank the Slytherins now" he suggested.
"Yeah, that should be fun. What do you wanna do?" James asked.
"I have an idea!" Sirius exclaimed.
"An idea? I didn't know you could think Padfoot!" Remus said dramatically.
"Shut it!" Sirius said as he playfully punched Remus in the arm.

"Well what's your idea then?" James asked impatiently
"I found a spell that will turn the Slytherins' robes red and gold"
"Yes! You're amazing Padfoot!" James laughed.
"NO! You're not doing that!" Remus yelled.
"Aw come on Moony, you're no fun" Sirius whined.
"You're not turning their robes red and gold when there's a spell to make them see-through!" Remus finished.
"Moony you're a genius!" Sirius shouted.
"Yeah, and evil genius! Let's go!" Peter added.

***Later***

They went through with the prank and all the Slytherins were running around trying to hide. They saw Snape sitting at the Slytherin table, he had just reversed the spell. He looked over at the other Slytherins then at the Marauders and smirked. "Bloody hell! How'd he reverse the spell so quick? We have to get him back for this!" Sirius exclaimed with outrage.
"No, we shouldn't" Remus replied with warning in his voice.
"Yeah Padfoot, I think Moony's right. We should just leave him alone" James said. The three other Marauders looked at him. Sirius looked hurt, Remus looked happy and Peter just looked surprised.

Little did they know, Lily was watching James from the Gryffindor table and saw that he was being just a little more mature than usual. She gave a small smile and went back to her conversation with Alice and Mary.

***The Next Day***

James was walking alone in the corridors and he saw Lily alone. "Alright, Evans?" He asked
"I'm better than usual, actually. You?" She replied
"Well if you're having a nice day, I wont  ruin it by asking you out again" he said glumly.
"Oh, pity" she started as he began to walk away "I was actually planning on saying yes this time" she finished quietly.
"W-wha? Really?" James stuttered.
"Yeah, unless you changed your mind" she teased.
"No! Lily, you're amazing! I love you!" He pulled her into a strong hug and spun her around.

***Hogwarts Graduation***

"I can't believe we're finally leaving" Lily exclaimed.
"I know. Hey, can I ask you a question?" He said nervously.
"You just did, but sure" Lily replied
"What changed your mind?" Lily knew exactly what he was talking about.
"I changed my mind because I guess I saw a different side of you. The sweet, kind side that will always stick by me. And I realised that you never gave up on me, no matter how many times I said no. I realised that we really were meant to be" James stood there breathlessly. His eyes filled with tears and he threw himself around Lily. They held each other like never before. What they didn't notice was Professor Flitwick slowly sliding 5 galleons over to Professor McGonagall.

A/N: Did you guys like this? I will probably start writing more Marauders one shots. Comment what you like to read.