Chapter 2

<<Well exciting as long as you put aside that you will have no free time, not so many dates with Ben>>, those where her exact words. And I thought she was exaggerating but it's true. I mean couldn't he call or leave a message? Of course he couldn't Mal he has to work. I shouldn't be pissed because I knew from the first moment that this would be hard. I just wasn't expecting it that much of hard. After sitting for a while right outside of the castle I decide that I should go in before the press sees me and starts asking questions and taking pictures. I haven't seen Ben in these two days that have passed.
Mal: How are we a couple? (unfortunately not only I just said that out loud but my voice was really high and one of the maids noticed it)
Mal: do we have a couple of pillows? (that's the only excuse that comes to my mind and with no doubt I use since it's the only thing that I have now)
Maid: of course. I'm going to bring them to your room your majesty (did she just called me "your majesty"? That needs a little get used to)
Walking towards my room I try to decide if I should call Ben and see how he is doing or if I shouldn't interrupt him. Actually I'm not interrupting him because I'm his feature wife and I really care about him. Right? Whatever I'm calling anyway. I open my phone to contacts and search for his name. Finally I find the contact called <<Ben❤️>> and immediately press the button "call".
Ben: hey Mal what's up? (what's up? what does he mean what's up?)
Mal: I wanted to see how are you doing because we haven't talked in awhile.
Ben: yeah I know I was kind of busy. (I can't believe he talks like nothing happened like it hasn't been two days since I last saw him or texted.)
He drives me crazy and I panic, walking up and down my room trying not show Ben my anger.
Mal: the girls told me that you were coming to my room this morning and I thought we would hang out but you never came.
Ben: yeah I know...(it takes him awhile too talk again) I had some business meetings. I'm sorry that I left you waiting, I really had planned on coming. Promise it won't happen again. (this last sentence is a lie and he knows it himself. he changed his tone while saying this sentence which means that he doesn't believe in it.)
Mal: Ben I really think we should talk
Ben: why is everything fine?
Mal: how can you ask me if everything is fine when I have to see you in like two days and in four we're getting married?
He doesn't respond. Unbelievable. I'm saying to him that I miss him completely in his face and he doesn't respond. How can he do that to me? The person that I saw it love me the most now forgets about me completely. He won't always be able to blame his "king stuff". I'm waiting for a logical response from him. And what do I get?
Ben: sorry Mal I have to go my meeting is starting again it was a really small break. I will call you this soonest I can.
This call will not end like that.
Mal: so what are you going to do? you're just going to hang up on me when I'm trying to explain to you the way I feel about what we are going through. this is how important you find that?
And when I'm waiting for him to feel guilty about what he did...
Ben: Mal I really have to go see you at home.
Mal: Ben this isn't over yet cause I...
He hang up on me. Ben has never hang up on me. Even if we fight over the phone he has never hang up on me. How...? My anger is now replaced by sadness. I feel depression getting over my body and this is one of the worst feelings I had ever to deal with. I walk slowly towards the bed and sit on the edge of it. I haven't stopped looking at my phone. Now Ben's call is the most recent and I remember that I was worried that it was not. I want to see his face after what he just did. I will let this pass. I guess I just overreact, because if I look at this on another side he has to work and that's why he had to hang up. He didn't do something wrong so I fine again. Fine...

It's been an hour since the "call" that made me crazy and I'm just laying on my bed having nothing to do or say. Suddenly I hear the well-known ringtone of mine and for a second I think that it is Ben. This though goes away pretty fast when I see Evie's name on the screen. Disappointment. Just disappointment.
Evie: hey how did it go with Ben? Or are you still together?
Mal: Ben didn't show up, he had a meeting. (I say with a cold tone)
Evie: I'm so sorry Mal I didn't know. He had planned on coming for sure I knew that.(she is trying to help but I heard these words already)
Mal: I'm fine.(I lie to her) It's better like that so I can sleep more.
Evie: love hearing that. Get some sleep and remember that everything is fine. (but is it Evie?)
Mal: yeah that's what I was planning on doing you're right.
Evie: you better (she has some irony in her voice which makes me smile a bit. She's happy.)
Mal: I'm hanging up bye
Evie: bye Mal. Love you.
I want to spend the next year in this bed.

Ben: Mal...Mal (I hear Ben's voice calling my name but it's probably a dream) Mal...
After hearing my name three times I turn my body the other way of the bed to show this dream that I'm not interested in this now.
Ben: Mal what is going on? Are you like mad at me now? (don't fall for that Mal it's a stupid dream)
Ben: I get it you were disappointed in me when I didn't show up but I'm the king and these meetings are going to happen a lot. I have to be a great king and work on that. It's my responsibility towards the kingdom of Auradon.
I don't believe anymore that I'm dreaming and I turn to face Ben sitting on the edge of my bed looking down the floor. He really regretted it. When he realises I'm looking at him he turns his face to me and without thinking I jump on to him. I wrap my hands around his neck and after a little he does the same on my back. I waited for this moment a long time. The moment that we will be so close but yet so far. I don't need to think about anything as long as he holds me tight and he does.
Mal: I missed you so much
Ben: you can't imagine how much I missed you Mal. I didn't forgot about you, please believe me
Mal: don't worry I do
Its an amazing feeling to be back with him after so long. Can't hold in my excitement but I try hard.
Ben: do you want to talk? Maybe we can take a walk in the forest and discuss some things.
Mal: that would be great but do you have time? (why would he give me hope if he didn't have time? Or did I just remind him that he has to work again?)
Ben has confused me a lot. When did I get to this point that I cannot express my feelings I think logically? I was always the best at this.
Ben: can I tell you a secret? (what secret is he talking about? I would be really disappointed if he skipped to work for me but that's odd doesn't even cross my mind because it's Ben we are talking about. He would never do something like that. I would love to spend time with him but he is not the kind of person to be tricky like that.
Mal: of course but when did you start keeping secrets?
Ben: well it's kind of not that important of a secret. Do you want to hear it?
Mal: yeah I guess (I still don't understand but I hope everything is fine)
Ben: I'm free for the rest of the afternoon and the next morning. (WHAT?)
After hearing these words come out of his mouth I immediately get really excited and start jumping up and down on the floor right next to the bed where he is sitting. When I realize what I just did I jump on him and we both fall into the bed. He is really surprised and by his look I understand that he was not expecting that I will be that happy. Actually. Is it normal that I'm getting so happy because I'm going to spend the afternoon and the morning with my boyfriend? I mean isn't that something that normal people ALWAYS do? He got me to the point that I will be so excited that I have the chance to spend some hours with him! What is wrong with me and my feelings? Even though I really want to make a big scene about this I prefer to spend the time that I can have with him. Why I'm figuring out those feelings on my mind we look at each other's eyes, directly in them. He's green eyes are so sparkly and I cannot help it but just stare at him. He's so beautiful so kind and so thoughtful. He's too much for me.