Chapter 3

Mal: you know what? I liked your idea about walking. We should do that.
Ben: alright. So I'm going to change into something more casual and I will be back.
Mal: ok and I'm going to take that dress off. It's exhausting.
Ben leaves the room with no expression on his face and I keep sitting on my bed for awhile when I realize that Ben will be here any minute and I have to get ready. Opening the door to my closet I remember that instead of a small furniture it's a huge room full of dresses, sparkly high heels and a lot of accessories and tiaras. Who needs so many tiaras? Anyways, even though MY WHOLE CLOSET has princesses gowns I know a small part of it that has athletic clothes just in case the princess needs to go to the gym something that will never happen because we don't have time obviously. I get really excited when i see the fitness clothes section and first I grab a pair of leather leggings and then a casual t-shirt, I hope no-one sees us. I'm about to leave when I remember to take my sneakers. Grabbing them with one hand I run towards the door and since I have none hands left to open it, I give it a nice kick which almost breaks it. It seems to me that the princess doesn't need gym. I catch my hair to a high ponytail and remove most of the makeup keeping only the lipgloss and blush which I had to do again. It's been like 15 minutes since Ben left and I'm ready so I take a seat on the violet armchair. This specific armchair is my favourite out of all the armchairs that the palace has. I don't know why this one but it is my favourite. I feel so comfortable on this, it might be the colour that attracts me so much. It can't solve all of my problems, d*mn I'm talking about an armchair, but it helps sometimes to just sit down and think, something I do A LOT recently. I got lost in my thoughts and I'm glad when I hear a knock on the door. My kind king arrived on his white horse to take me and I laugh at this ridiculous thought. I love the way that even when he knows that it's his palace he knocks on MY door. I mean we are a couple and he is so cute when he is shy like that. I open the door with a big smile ready to face him and instead of that one of my most discusting nightmares comes to life. Why?
Audrey: Mal? Am I interupting anything? (Audrey says really ironically)
She is the last person that I want to see. After everything she did we forgave her but she took advantage of it and again now she's "evil". She's isn't the same with before, like stealing my mom's stuff and the crown, but she is so mean over everything. We were idiots to believe that she would change and she is proving it every day. Even though I hate her the last thing that I want to do is to get stuck talking with her so acting normal is the perfect solution. I'm about to answer to her not-so-fun question but she cuts me answering to herself.
Audrey: I didn't think so either! (she bursts into laughter and as answer I just roll my eyes to her)
Mal: well actually I'm waiting for Ben so we can head out. (satisfaction runs all over me since I know that these words can break her because of her jealousy towards me for Ben)
She doesn't reply to what I said immediately and I know that she is just thinking for a good answer to break me back. We have got used on breaking each other for so long that it's almost a tradition! Her response is popping questions in my mind.
Audrey: the prisoner is going out? (and here I go to ask.)
Mal: what the h*ll are you talking about?
Audrey: passing through your rude words I will answer with a lot of joy(she is really happy from the thought of me as a prisoner. Ahhh. One more reason to hate her)that everyone is confused that you never go out of the palace and they think that Ben is trying to protect you but only I know what is going on (she has this look on her face "I am back b*tch and I will ruin you with every chance I get". I know this look well enough)
Mal: alright genius, tell my what you know because I really care.
Audrey: well you are so scared to face everyone out there because you know that as a queen you will let then down so you think that by staying in everything will be good but guess what honey. IT WON'T.
Mal: woah woah chill Audrey we know you lost your crown but you don't need to show your depression that much. (did.she.liked.that.?)
Audrey: look I'm going to talk to you seriously now ok?
Mal: I'm so glad you know that you sound ridiculous the whole other time. (I'm just waiting for Ben so we can leave but something must have happened to him and he isn't here yet)
Audrey: ANYWAY.(what an angry psycho)I'm offering you to leave Ben to ME and go hookup with someone else. Think about it a little Mal. You will find an evil guy that will suit you best and you will be free from crowns and kindoms and I will get what I DESERVE!
She is so passionate about this like she actually believes that I'm going to give up my life for...wait. a guy like me,evil. I won't care about dresses and makeup and being the king's girlfriend, instead I will be back to normal. What am I doing? Am I thinking my life without Ben? How can I do that? SHE! She spelled me there's no other way I'm capable of giving Ben away!
Audrey: you don't need to answer now take your time to think what you want from your life and then give the RIGHT answer. (she lifts an eyebrow)
Mal: how...how dare you to tell me to leave Ben? What the ACTUAL H*LL IS WRONG WITH YOU? (I'm too loud but I don't freaking care. She needs to leave now or bad things are going to happen to her.
Audrey: ohh Mal you got upset? I'm so sorry...
Mal: NO YOU'RE NOT and I don't give a sh*t to hear the rest of your ironic apology. Get out of here now or...(I don't have time to continue and she...SHE... instead of leaving she has SOMETHING MORE to say)
Audrey: or what Mal? Or what? Are you going to spell me? Are you going to do anything? Let me tell you. No you won't. You can believe that you will be a perfect queen but if you are a bit smart you'll stop fooling your self. For once in you life do something RIGHT! (she is screaming too. we are crazy as hell but we can't help it. I want a normal life but with Ben and she wants to be a queen and rule side by side with Ben. Out of everything we both want the same. Ben. Oh my god! I totally didn't notice him standing by the door. I bet he was here the whole time and that can't go right.
Ben: what is going on with you two? (he looks calm and the confusion in his voice is clear. He is probably thinking that he messed with two psychopaths and after that I'm not sure if he's wrong.
Mal: we were "talking" and I can say that it didn't go that well...
Ben: "it didn't go that well"? Are you kidding me? I could hear you two floors away! (he starts to get mad now)
Audrey: Ben honey I can explain...
Mal: "HONEY"??? (I know it's not the right time to dive back in fighting but what the h*ck?)
Audrey: is there a problem? Didn't you hear well? I can say it again if it's needed (she thinks it's funny but d*mn it's not!)
Ben: Audrey that's enough. You need to go. You're just upsetting everyone by coming here and starting a fight.
Audrey: everyone? Maybe her but never you Beny-Boo ( how dare she? I'm going crazy)
She starts rubbing on him and messing her fingers in his hair but he doesn't pull back or argue with what she is doing. How can he do that in front of me? Obviously offended by his behaviour I walk towards the door and when leaving the room I smack the door hard. This has nothing to do with Audrey. Maybe a little but it could be ANYONE in her position. While walking awat from the room furious I can hear Ben calling my name and after a few seconds I can hear it getting closer. Suddenly Ben wraps his hand around my arm and pulls me close to him making me look into his eyes. I fell in love with these eye by just looking at them. But when I look in his eyes now I see only betrayal from him. Everything that I experienced moments ago came back to my mind and now I'm not furious. Just broken. I was afraid to break his heart by telling him what I feel about being a queen and he just. I can't. I give him a small push on the chest just so I can have space to turn around and run out of this place. He doesn't follow me now and I'm glad because if I see or hear him one more time right now I will literally freak out on him. I get out of the palace and walk. I have no idea where I will go but there's no way that my destination is Evie's place because Ben will know where to find me.