SS - Lionshifter

××Wild××

"I'm going to go buy the bread Dew was talking about the other day, okay? I'll meet you back here," I said, giving Zyphers hand a squeeze before letting go.

"Be careful," Zypher said, moving a step in line where he was waiting to buy venison. This was his favorite shop and he refused to buy it from anywhere else. Many people thought the same.

I nodded with a smile and turned away, quickly finding my way out of the meat section of the shopping district. I followed the path until I came upon a few grain and bread stands.

The first one didn't have a single thing I wanted or needed.

I turned away from the stand and ran directly into a tall man. I stumbled backwards and quickly spoke an apology.

"Watch where you're going!" Yelled the larger man. He was by far stronger than me in a physical sense.

"I will. I'm sorry about running into you," I said softly, looking down in an attempt to defuse the situation.

"It's not okay! Little runts like you can't get away with this shit just because you're smaller!" The man yelled. I was shaking by now. I didn't know what to do.

"I-it was an accident," I said, my voice wavering.

"I. Don't. Care."

After each word he got closer, causing me to back away in a panic. People had begun to notice but no one in the area seemed willing to step up to the man.

Without warning, he shoved me back. My head bounced off the wall of a building behind me, causing me to yelp in pain. I looked up through watery eyes when I didn't feel a second blow.

Zypher was standing in front of me, holding the man's fist in his hand. His grip looked crushing. My eyes snapped up to the man's face to see hair beginning to sprout and grow around his jaw, connecting to his long blonde hair as it went. He was clearly a lionshifter.

"Back away or I will kill you," Zypher said, his voice cold and emotionless.

"You aren't going to do shit," The lion sneered, pulling his arm back and away from Zypher. "Your useless toy ran into me. He deserved to get messed up a little."

A sickening crack was heard directly after his sentence ended. I watched as the lionshifter flew backwards, skidding across the hay covered ground before coming to a halt. It didn't look like he would be getting up anytime soon.

Zypher growled as he turned, scaring off most of the onlookers as he shook the blood off his hand. I wasn't sure if any of it was his but I knew a majority belonged to the lion. His eyes locked with mine, soaking up my ruffled exterior.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking a large step towards me and pressing a hand against the back of my head. I hissed in pain when he applied pressure.

"I should kill him."

"No!" I said quickly, knowing full well that Zypher would have no problem completing the task. "I want to go home."

Zypher nodded and picked me up. My arms wrapped around his neck as I laid my throbbing head against his shoulder.

"Wait! Dews bread!" I said with a gasp.

"It's alright. I already got it," Zypher said. I smiled and laid my head back down.

"You're perfect."

-----
This sucks.