When he Knew

Warnings: FLUFF AF

40's Bucky and Steeb
They're both 14 in this

Bucky POV
"Mama, when did you know you loved dad?" Steve asked his mom.

Sarah smiles at her son and replied, "I knew I loved him because I looked at that man like he hung the moon and stars in the sky." She looked over to me and kept eye contact as she kept talking. "He was the only thing on my mind. I knew I wouldn't ever want to not be around him." She finally broke eye contact with me. "He was the only thing ever on my mind." She continued. "That's how I knew Stevie." She said pressing a kiss to the top of Steve's head. "Now you boys remember, love is love, and love is beautiful. No matter who it's with. Remember that."

I realized that a tear made its way down my face but I quickly wiped it away before Steve could see, but Sarah saw it. I knew right there I loved Steve, I don't know how or why but I do.

"Go get ready for bed Steve, I'll walk Bucky to the door." Once she and I turned the corner she held my shoulders and looked me in the eyes softly. She looked at my ocean blue eyes for a few seconds before embracing me. I cried into her shoulder. She knew. She hasn't banned me from ever seeing her son again, she wasn't kicking me out and calling me rude names. She was accepting me.

"I'm sorry ma'am," I say pulling away and sniffling.

"Son, you have nothing to be sorry for, as I said before, love is love." She says. "I will always treat you like a son no matter who you love or what you believe." She says firm but still soft. She presses a quick kiss to my forehead.

"Thank you, ma'am," I say softly. "I'll see ya tomorrow Steve!" I call out.

"See ya later Bucky!" He called back smiling. That's when I knew, I knew that I loved him.

That's when I knew I loved Steve Rogers