Fairy Lights

Warnings: FLUFFFFFFFFF

Bucky had just been brought back from Wakanda to live in the tower with the rest of the team. He was very quiet and didn't talk much. He kept to himself and only spoke in one or two-word answers.

"Hey Buck, how are you?" Steve asked leaning on Bucky's door frame. Bucky just shrugged.

"I'm alright." He says.

"Anything I can get you?" Steve asks softly.

"A book would be nice," Bucky says looking up from his lap.

"Ok, I'll be right back," Steve assures him. He walks to his room and pulls the first "Lord of the Rings" from his shelf. He walks back to Bucky's room and hands it to him.

"Here you go," Steve says. "I'll leave you to it."

Bucky opens the book to the first page.

Chapter 1
A Long Expected Party

When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton.

He kept reading all through the day but eventually, he got tired of sitting on his bed. It was too open to a space. He liked smaller spaces for reading and being alone. Large spaces made it feel empty. He noticed that on the other side of the room there was a small closet. A storage closet where Stark kept blankets and pillows that weren't being used.

Bucky marked his page and shuffled over to the closet. He opened it and flicked on the light. It was a very nice small room. About 3 foot by 4-foot perimeter and a pile of blankets in the corner. The floor was the same soft carpet that lines the floor of Bucky's room. However, the light was very dim and it was hard to see.

He closed to doo and walked out of his room and headed for Wanda. He lightly knocked on her door. She opened it surprised to see Bucky standing there.

"How can I help you?" She asks kindly.

"Uh, I uh, I need your help." He stutters out.

"Sure Buck, what's up?" She smiles.

Do you have any extras of those?" He asks pointing to what's hanging on her bed frame

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bucky now sits in his closet reading on a bean bag Wanda let him have and fairy lights hung around the walls. Wanda agreed that it looked comfortable and actually stayed for a while and read her own book in the small space. She had to leave when she could smell Vision burning something.

Steve walked around the tower trying to find Bucky. He searched for the training room, kitchen, living room, and his own room. He was nowhere. He walked up to Wanda.

"Do you know where Buck is? I checked his room but he isn't there."

"Oh, he's in there, check in the closet." She says wiping soot off of Vision's nose.

"Why would he- you know what I'll go look." He says. Steve walks up to Bucky's room and opens the closet door and sure enough, Bucky is wrapped in a blanket on a bean bag with a book in his hands. Steve chuckles and sits behind Bucky pulling him against his chest.

"Hey Buck, what's it's the lights?" Steve asks.

"Pretty." Bucky simply says continuing to read.

"They are pretty." Steve agrees. They both sit in silence as Steve holds Bucky against him occasionally pressing a kiss to the back of his neck or his head.

"Love you, Stevie," Bucky says.

"I love you too melleth nin." Steve says. Bucky had read enough of the book, to know that "melleth nin" meant "my love".