Language

I FOUND OUT THAT STEVE ROGERS MOM, SARAH WAS A FIRST GENERATION IMMIGRANT FROM IRELAND. Oh, I'm gonna have fun with this.

Warnings: Steeb says a NaUgHtY wOrD
3rd POV

The Avengers had gotten a call from Ireland saying that a small village had been raided. They didn't think too much of it until the uniforms men were wearing were described as a red octopus. They all went to Ireland to see a burnt downtown and a group of traumatized people. They asked the officials if there was anyone that knew exactly what happened but only one woman knew everything.

They brought her to the tower to talk to her and ask her a few questions. Tony sat her down on a stool next to the island in the kitchen and gave her some water. The woman looked to be about in her mid to late '20s.

"Ok, ma'am can u tell us what happened?" Tony asks. The women's eyes were still rimmed with tears. Steve sat a few seats away from her observing the interaction.

"She doesn't speak English Tony, have FRIDAY translate for you," Bruce says.

"FRI," Tony says.

"an urrainn dhut innse dhuinn dè thachair ma'am" (can you tell us what happened ma'am)" FRIDAY asks. The woman becomes startled at first but then begins to speak.

"thàinig iad a-steach le gunnaichean agus thòisich iad a 'losgadh agus a' losgadh thaighean agus agus," the woman begins to break down to tears. (They came in with guns and started shooting and burning down houses and,) Steve walks up to the woman and takes her hand in his to calm her down. He looks her in the eyes and says,

"tha e ceart gu leòr, tha iad air falbh a-nis agus chan fhaigh iad thu an seo, tha thu sàbhailte" (it's okay ma'am, they're gone now and they can't get you here, your safe) Everyone looks at Steve with wide eyes. "tha sinn a 'dol a dhèanamh cinnteach gum bi am baile agad air ath-thogail agus nach tachair seo a-rithist, ceart gu leòr?" (we are going to make sure your village is rebuilt and this never happens again, okay?)

"Ceart gu leor" (Okay)

After a few hours, the woman was returned to her family and they're village was beginning to be reconstructed.

"So Cap, you speak Irish?" Tony asks.

"It's called Gaelic, and yes I do" Steve replies.

"How?" Like, how do you know it?" Tony asks.

"My ma was from Ireland, she taught me when I was a baby." He states simply grabbing an apple. He bites down and immediately feels the cold on his teeth. "Daingead!" He exclaimed drawing his mouth away from the apple quickly.

"Language Stevie," Bucky says coming over and wrapping his arms around Steve from behind him.

"What did he say?" Tony asks.

"Damnit," Buck says nuzzling his face into Steve's neck.

"Oh! Oh! Language!" Tony daisy pointing at Steve. Steve sighed and rolled his eyes in a playful manner as he pressed a quick kiss to Bucky's lips.