Seeing them again

A/N: The timeline of certain events may be changed for the purpose of the story, as well as the ages of certain characters (possibly). Also, In this story, Bucky got the metal arm but was only an assassin until he met Natasha. He stopped cooperating so Hydra just tortured him.Finally, Bucky escapes Hydra when Natasha does, but goes off on his own. Other than that, everything will follow the MCU timeline besides the changes I mentioned.

James Buchanan Barnes. Winter Soldier. A man of many names and personas (Not unlike Natasha herself in the future). But to Natasha, he was just Bucky. Her Bucky. Her one reason for surviving before Viviana came along. The man she had loved. Oh who was she kidding? The man she still loved. Her heart clenched at the sight of him. Then, despite everything,she smiled, recalling her most treasured memory with him.

They had met in an empty corridor late at night,as they had done every night for the past three years .They were taking advantage of simply being together. Natasha and Bucky held each other in the comfortable silence until Bucky broke the silence. "Nat, I love you". Bucky said. Smiling tearfully, Natasha replied " I feel the same way". "Makes me feel better about this then" he said as he pulled out a small velvet box from his pocket. Natasha quietly gasped realizing what was happening. "Nat". Bucky began. "When we get out of here, I don't want anything else separating us again. I'm with you 'till the end of the line". At this point, Bucky was on one knee. "Will you promise to stay with me Natasha? When we get out, will you marry me?" He looked up with hopeful eyes. With one word, everything changed.
The word was spoken by Natasha.
The word held a thousand emotions at once.
The word was "yes".
Unfortunately, footsteps could be coming down the hall, meaning nightly patrols were about to start. With one lingering kiss, Bucky slipped into the shadows, taking the ring with him. As he looked back, he made a vow that he would see Natasha again, and marry her. As he became one with the night, Natasha swore she could just make out his voice speaking the words "I promise, Natasha".

               The words echoed in Natasha's mind. Her and Bucky had promised to marry each other. That was a promise she intended to keep. She loved Bucky too much not too. Then Natasha thought about the other promise she had made. She had promised herself Viviana wouldn't grow up the way Natasha herself had. She would not allow Viviana to become another victim of the red room's cruelty. She had to get Viviana out of this place. But first, she had to get herself out of this room.
                With a new determination, Natasha and tore her eyes away from the computer and formed a plan. She would allow herself to be weak until Janice came close. Then, Natasha would kill her. Speaking of Janice.... "Enjoy the video Natalie? I thought you would like seeing your precious daughter". She hated when Janice said daughter as if she was saying disease. "Oh, and you seemed to quite like the winter soldier. Old flame perhaps?" Janice stepped closer and Natasha tensed. "He'll live. But I can't say the same thing for your daughter. I'll have fun torturing her personally." Natasha waited until Janice was only five feet away.... "What's the mat-" ...and pounced. Within seconds, Natasha had pinned Janice down, startling her enough to break her telekinetic hold on Natasha. After that, all bets were off.
              Choking the life out Janice, Natasha spoke in a voice that was pure murderous. "You took My daughter away from me. You took Bucky away from me. Now, I'll take your life". Struggling for air, Janice managed to gasp out "I can take you too her." Momentarily distracted, Natasha loosened her grip slowly. "What did you just say?". Janice smiled after filling her lungs with air. "I can take you too her. But if you want to kill me...." "No!" Natasha cried. "Take me too her, please." Seeing Natasha's desperation, Janice used it to her advantage. "Oh, did you think it would be that easy?" Janice Smirked. "And you weren't very nice either" she said, now with a fake pout.
            Natasha's face fell even more at the realization that her daughter might be kept from her. "Please".
At this point Natasha was shamelessly on her knees begging. "Please. Let me see her. Let me see my little girl". Janice looked down at Natasha's tear streaked face and sneered. "Get up you pathetic creature". With this, Natasha scrambled to her feet. As much as she tried. She couldn't hide her ecstasy. After unlocking the door, Janice led Natasha down the long hall, then stopped in front of the first door on the left. "Ten minutes" was all she said before she grabbed the door handle. As soon as Janice opened it, Natasha rushed inside, breathlessly. Not from running in the door of course ,(she was in great shape) but from seeing her daughter up close.
           "Nat?" Bucky asked bewildered. "What are you doing here?". Natasha glanced at Viviana. Bucky knew her well enough to know what the one glance meant. It was a shock to actually see Natasha, but not so shocked that he couldn't read her. Speaking of shocking.... "M-Ma- Mama. Mama!" Viviana spoke. Grinning like the proud parents they were, Natasha and Bucky watched Viviana as she gurgled and reached for her mother. Now smug, Bucky spoke again. "Wanna see what else I taught her?". All Natasha could do was nod. "Alright honey, go to Mama. That's it, just like we practiced." As Bucky encouraged Viviana, Natasha stared in awe as Viviana rose unsteadily to her feet and hobbled towards her mother.
        Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, including this blissful moment. So, naturally, Janice had to come in just that second to ruin things. "Natalie. Let's go". Natasha looked up in protest. "But I just got t-"she tried to argue, but Janice cut her off. "Natalia! Now". Natasha was forced to give Viviana back to Buck while the guards dragged her off, Janice spoke again,making no effort to disguise the cruelty in her voice."Take the child. Its time we do what we should have done years ago".Natasha still fought to reach her daughter. It was no use. The guards were too strong.She would be taken away from her daughter again. Only this time, it would be years, instead of days until Natasha would see Viviana again.