Werewolf - Part One

The portal closed and she stepped out onto a grassy field. For a second, everything was fine and clear. Emi could see a group of people at the far end of the field. They looked alarmed and on edge like they were training and the portal interrupted them. One of the group rushed forward at an alarming speed, almost without any fear, to the point where Emi took a step back. Her portal had closed, however, and she couldn't step back into any realm she left behind.

Since one of them had rushed towards her, she got a good look at him. Her chest tightened, then her throat closed on her as she got a good look at him.

"Jake?" Emi muttered, hardly audible by anyone except herself, but the boy in front of her heard it and grew confused too. Emi was still reeling from the raw emotions and the loss of so much of her magic and power that everything then went blurry.

She felt her head turn on her neck but she couldn't stop it from moving. Then she felt dizzy and stumbled forwards. Her mind and her eyes went dark before she even hit the ground.

Emi didn't hit the ground, however, the boy caught her. For a split second, he almost dropped her. There were tingles where her skin met his that he hadn't felt in many years. It surprised him so much that after he almost dropped her as she passed out, he held her close to his chest. Even without any knowledge of who she was or how she got there. He held her so close and very afraid of what was to come.

With super hearing and alarm for their leader, the rest of the group was soon behind the boy and looking at him with concern and curiosity. 

"What did she say?" One of the girls asked, first daring to speak up. The group had heard noise coming from her before Emi passed out, but they couldn't make out what it was.

The boy finally looked up at his friends, "she called me Jake."

Everyone looked at each other in concern for a moment. Then the boy brought Emi's face away from his chest and a series of gasps was heard throughout the group.

"She looks like..." The boys best friend started but he couldn't finish.

The boy pulled Emi back to his chest then lifted her off the ground, standing to face the group of his friends and family.

"Even if she's not-" he choked on the words for a second then decided to skip them altogether. "She's mine."

He let the group soak in those words before turning back and making his way to their house. The boy kept Emi's head hidden from prying eyes. He couldn't let anyone else see the girl he was carrying just yet. First, he wanted to know who she was and where she came from. Then she could be introduced to them.

Another one of his friends rushed to help the boy when he got close enough to their massive house, but before he could call out the boy shot into the house and up into his room at the same incredible speed he had used to approach Emi back in the field. He had the door locked behind him and Emi laid out onto his bed before anyone blinked.

When he laid her out, he finally noticed her attire. It was weird, almost like armour and pyjama's mixed together. Before she was mostly in armour, wasn't she? He tried to think about it but his thoughts were filled with only her face as she stepped out of the black hole.

He watched her face now before he made a split decision and made a mental command that only one person in the area could hear and before he could think anything else, there was a knock at his bedroom door.

He went to answer it and the lady behind it gave him a sweet smile. "Alpha," she addressed him with a polite head nod.

He gave her a nod, but no smile in return, "Doctor, this patient is a secret."