[7] Priest

Her purple bangs flowed in the night air, as she sat infront of the waterfall. She looked at the sight, infront of her, taking in the beautiful scenery. Her neon eyes a little dim, then a few hours ago.

She sighed at the turn of events. They were not supposed to find her, after what happened at Hiryuu Castle but they still did. She closed her eyes, and hugged her figure closer.

This is what she liked. This was her true heart's desire. This silence and calmness, made her feel at peace. She often, preferred calmness instead of silence.

What is peace? It is the feeling of freedom it is as if, your soul has been set free. It is as if your happiness has no boundaries. She would anything to get her peace. You could call her shameless if it made you happy.

Her eyes opened, when she felt a presence, but relaxed as she realised, who it actually was. She pat the seat beside her gently.

"Have a seat Hak. It is a pretty view, isn't it?"

"Why were you there, on the cliff that time, you could have gotten hurt. And I can not handle any of you getting hurt. Well, that's what King Il made me promise." He said firmly, yet softly.

"He is dead. Is he not? King Il is gone. And I remember that I gave you orders to protect him and Yona."

"How did you........?" He said in surprise.

"When I was crowned Crown Princess, I remember telling you, not leave Yona alone on her birthday. Why did you leave her?" She asked, more like demanded from him.

"Rue. How is it that you know all this?" He asked seriously. His face devoid of any emotion, he was afraid that another one of his best friends had betrayed him.

"Hak. How do you think you escaped when you almost got caught by the soldiers? How do you think, that Min-Soo, knew where to shoot, when the guards held princess Yona?" Her voice dark.

"You..... You knew that this would happen. You knew that the King was gonna die. Then, why did you not tell me!" Hak accused. Rue slowly stood up and faced him, as her expression became dark.

Her neon eyes glowed in the dark, as her hair came undone from its bun. Her facade was once again on, as her eyes were void of any emotion.

"Yes. So, what?" She asked lazily. This only seemed to enrage Hak as his blue eyes darkened in anger. His fists clenched, as anger consumed him.

"So what?"

"Well, newsflash princess! Because of your quietness, Yona-Hime has lost her father! The King was murdered! Yona-Hime, a girl who has never seen death, saw her father die! You still don't care?" Hak shouted.

"For me, King Il was not a father, nor a King. He was just a cowardly man, who never deserved to be Kin-"

"SHUT UP!"

"Do. Not. Call. Him a cowardly king! Or else you will see the worst of me!"

Please ask me to clarify myself. Please ask me to tell you, why I would do this. Please try to understand me.

"Really? Well, I will say it again and again! Because he was a cowardly, selfish, stupid King who only cared for himself and his daughter Yona! He should have died long ag-"

Thud!

Rue slowly brought her hand to feel a stinging pain in her cheek, as her head turned to the side. Her eyes widened, as her fingers shakes unnoticed.

Hak.....slapped me? Is this how it has become? Has our friendship deteriorated so much, that he would raise his hands at a girl? No, not a girl....he would without hesitation hit me......