[6] Cliffs

Rue's hair was pulled into a bun due to the humid heat, a few strands open, and hidden from sight, as she walked through the dense forest, wood in her arms. Her yellow eyes were cautious, as her cloak swayed with her movements.

Rue had heard, what had happened in the castle after she had left. News quickly spread about her renouncement, however, even more quickly spread the news of the death of IL-heika

She came to the familiar hut, the slightest broken architecture of the infrastructure providing a strange comfort. A strawberry blonde was there, sitting near the campfire that Rue had set up for them. He raised his head and smiled at her return. His blue eyes sparkled, his soft features prominent.

"Yun." Rue waved, her other hand holding onto the wood.

"Good. You brought back the wood." He said, taking the wood from her hands.

"Yeah, thanks genius." She chuckled watching him struggle with the pile.

Rue fixed her clothes and asked Yun to tie the ribbon firmly around her sleeves so that her movement wouldn't be restricted. The boy grumbled as he scolded her, "When will you learn to tie these properly? Didn't I teach you?"

"It feels better when you do it for me, Yun." Rue smiled as she watched the pretty boy blush.

"Yun. I'll just go and grab some supplies from the capital of the Wind Tribe." She said to the boy who nodded and walked back into the dwelling. Rue say down to tie the laces around her shoes tightly.

"Rue, catch." Yun said and the older girl only raised a hand to catch the weapon that he threw at her.

"I still don't understand how you even use that sword, it's nothing like I've seen before." Yun comments as he watches Rue attach the sword on her hip.

"It's just a simple sword with good welding." She smirked.

Hak was unaware of a fire tribe soldier creeping upon them until a yell of pain left the man's lips. He turned around swiftly to notice a sword in the chest of the man from behind before the soldier fell to her ground.

"It seems you've gotten rusty Hak."

"Rue?!" Hak and Yona yelled in disbelief.

"Don't get your panties in a twist." She smirked before stabbing another soldier who was creeping up behind her.

"Get Yona to safety," Hak nodded as Rue commanded, "And Hak,"

She said over her shoulders as she stared at the fire tribe soldiers, "Get that damn arrow out of your body unless you want to die."

With that she went off. Her swords unsheathed and her yellow eyes flashing. Her long hair flowed around her like a curtain as her movements were smooth like water.

Arrows were shot once again, evidently targeting Hak and Yona. Rue ran and attacked the archers while Hak swung his glaive at the arrows. Her swift and calculated movements caused Hak to be surprised.

"Rue?" Hak murmured in surprise.

But she ignored him and continued to cut down the fire tribe soldiers. Her yellow eyes flashing, making the soldiers tremble in fear. Her only objective was to lessen the number of possible aerial attacks. Once she did that, it would be easier for Hak and Yona to navigate out.

The fire tribe's younger son, widened his eyes in surprise. This was like a jackpot to him. He had not expected Princess Rue to appear along with Princess Yona. He felt as though this was a reward bestowed upon him from heavens.